Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

People who hate people on food stamps:

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Would you rather children STARVE? seriously. leave people alone. just trying to feed my kids.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Replies (21-30):
funnymommy71
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:42 AM
2 moms liked this

All I have to say is that my family received food stamps back in the '70's and it was REAL stamps. REAL snippy looks at the ACME from bitches food shopping- ugly looks to a 4 and 9 year old with our Mom with her head held high.   We lived on them for 1 year while Dad was on strike- longer story-  BTW- ladies- the 1970's-  were REALLY BAD!  It is getting that bad again......I remember and I am lucky now.  I have no problem with families that need it, food prices are going WAY up.  BUT, this should be similiar to WIC- FOOD only to include- Milk, bread, Meat, peanut butter, fresh produce, gocery items, etc.  NO Alcohol or crap food. Not negotiable. Period.  All the best to those struggling, I support my local food pantries and drives.  I will never forget doing without and extras were a gift and my parents struggle and sacrifices that they made, ever.  Sorry, rambling- emotional.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Quoting skeletor1017:

The only people I look down on for using PA are the people, like my SIL, who openly admit to purposely not working so that they receive more benefits.

I hate that kind of thing.  When I got my child support order I emailed my caseworker to tell her and she's like "I have access to all that already, even if and when he doesn't pay."

there was so much fraud with women not reporting child support that they got their systems linked up now.  I was so afraid of being caught doing something unintentionally wrong that I emailed the day after court.

In my state, if you have a child of preschool age (5) they lower your benefit amount because they credit you part time minimum wage even if you don't have a job because you SHOULD be working.  If you have a child under that age they don't credit you anything.

thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Wtf is dsnap

Quoting Anonymous:

I get why some people are upset about it.. in some states people get an unreal amount of money.  Right now, because of the D-SNAP last month, i have over a grand on my card and I'm pretty much done with my shopping for the month except to get things we run out of fast like bread.  I never use the full amount they give me ( I coupon) and it rolls over, plus I got DSNAP last month that I got automatically, I didn't even apply for it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this
You jave to understand some people are medically required to eat "crap"

For two months i was supposed to live off soda pudding jello water ice popsicles and gatorade. (And prescription liquid meal stuff akin to feeding tube formula)

Of course that's extremely rare but with proper documentation exceptions should be allowed.

Otherwise i agree actually.

Quoting funnymommy71:

All I have to say is that my family received food stamps back in the '70's and it was REAL stamps. REAL snippy looks at the ACME from bitches food shopping- ugly looks to a 4 and 9 year old with our Mom with her head held high.   We lived on them for 1 year while Dad was on strike- longer story-  BTW- ladies- the 1970's-  were REALLY BAD!  It is getting that bad again......I remember and I am lucky now.  I have no problem with families that need it, food prices are going WAY up.  BUT, this should be similiar to WIC- FOOD only to include- Milk, bread, Meat, peanut butter, fresh produce, gocery items, etc.  NO Alcohol or crap food. Not negotiable. Period.  All the best to those struggling, I support my local food pantries and drives.  I will never forget doing without and extras were a gift and my parents struggle and sacrifices that they made, ever.  Sorry, rambling- emotional.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Disaster SNAP.  it is given when a state of emergency is declared.  People who don't get regular SNAP (fs) can pre-apply for it and during hurricane season if there is an emergency declared those people who have been carrying around empty SNAP cards get fs money put on them.  During the state of emergency, hot lunches from the deli are also temporarily covered because a lot of people don't have electricity.  People on regular fs get it automatically.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Wtf is dsnap

Quoting Anonymous:

I get why some people are upset about it.. in some states people get an unreal amount of money.  Right now, because of the D-SNAP last month, i have over a grand on my card and I'm pretty much done with my shopping for the month except to get things we run out of fast like bread.  I never use the full amount they give me ( I coupon) and it rolls over, plus I got DSNAP last month that I got automatically, I didn't even apply for it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:58 AM

The rare( maybe not)  exception, noted. My pardon and duly noted. All my best to you firegodess and to those with similar issues.  :)

Quoting thefiregoddess:

For two months i was supposed to live off soda pudding jello water ice popsicles and gatorade. (And prescription liquid meal stuff akin to feeding tube formula)

Of course that's extremely rare but with proper documentation exceptions should be allowed.

Quoting funnymommy71:

thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. :)

Thankfully I'm finally food stamp free! Yay me! :)

Quoting Anonymous:

The rare( maybe not)  exception, noted. My pardon and duly noted. All my best to you firegodess and to those with similar issues.  :)

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Quoting funnymommy71:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Good to know. I live at fort Campbell if there's a disaster they won't declare crap.

Quoting Anonymous:

Disaster SNAP.  it is given when a state of emergency is declared.  People who don't get regular SNAP (fs) can pre-apply for it and during hurricane season if there is an emergency declared those people who have been carrying around empty SNAP cards get fs money put on them.  During the state of emergency, hot lunches from the deli are also temporarily covered because a lot of people don't have electricity.  People on regular fs get it automatically.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Wtf is dsnap

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:16 AM

blah blah blah blah nobody is happy for me getting free food is all I heard you say.

illinoismommy83
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:03 AM
3 moms liked this

If you can't afford to feed your sons and require help from the government I simply don't understand how you can afford to waste $40 on a pre-made cake instead of $4 on a box mix. Food stamps are designed to help feed families who would go hungry without them. You obviously aren't in that bad of shape if you can give up several days of food in exchange for a cake. 

You have internet access, so you could google how to decorate a cake and save some money. Put the $36 you'd save into your bank account and save for an emergency.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because I have FS my son can't have a cake?

And BTW my local grocery store makes the most fantastic custom cakes and FS pays for it and less than half the price of the speciality shops.  I love the cupcake cakes with whipped icing.  I only get one cake for my sons though, they have the same birth day (different years) so the poor dears have to share. oh nos!

Quoting illinoismommy83:

But... they can't use the FS card at the fancy cake shops so they "suffer" and have to settle for the grocery store cakes. LOL. Yeah, my daughters and I went to a FS birthday party in June for DD1's friend. It was a great party... I haven't had that quality of steak in years. They get cash assistance too so we had lots of beer at the party. Mmm, tasty FS party.

SMH.

Quoting CBMMOM:

Quoting tennisgal:

sorry, but the mass population of ladies on here who say, "oh look, I just bought birthday cake and steak with my food stamps b/c i deserve it." pretty much ruin it for anyone who is actually just trying to get by. 

It bugs me,too when people buy $60 and $70 birthday cakes with food stamps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)