Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

People who hate people on food stamps:

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Would you rather children STARVE? seriously. leave people alone. just trying to feed my kids.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Replies (261-270):
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Thanks for pointing that out!  I wanted to earlier, but was mobile.  If you don't use those fs, they stay on said card and expire after six months or a year.  I used to be on them, but I can't remember when they said they expire.  Either way, you don't pocket cash for fs you don't spend.

Quoting Anonymous:

You can't just "pocket" the money that would be saved. It seems you are very ill informed on food stamps.

Quoting illinoismommy83:

If you can't afford to feed your sons and require help from the government I simply don't understand how you can afford to waste $40 on a pre-made cake instead of $4 on a box mix. Food stamps are designed to help feed families who would go hungry without them. You obviously aren't in that bad of shape if you can give up several days of food in exchange for a cake. 

You have internet access, so you could google how to decorate a cake and save some money. Put the $36 you'd save into your bank account and save for an emergency.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because I have FS my son can't have a cake?

And BTW my local grocery store makes the most fantastic custom cakes and FS pays for it and less than half the price of the speciality shops.  I love the cupcake cakes with whipped icing.  I only get one cake for my sons though, they have the same birth day (different years) so the poor dears have to share. oh nos!

Quoting illinoismommy83:

But... they can't use the FS card at the fancy cake shops so they "suffer" and have to settle for the grocery store cakes. LOL. Yeah, my daughters and I went to a FS birthday party in June for DD1's friend. It was a great party... I haven't had that quality of steak in years. They get cash assistance too so we had lots of beer at the party. Mmm, tasty FS party.

SMH.

Quoting CBMMOM:

Quoting tennisgal:

sorry, but the mass population of ladies on here who say, "oh look, I just bought birthday cake and steak with my food stamps b/c i deserve it." pretty much ruin it for anyone who is actually just trying to get by. 

It bugs me,too when people buy $60 and $70 birthday cakes with food stamps.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 32 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:24 PM
LOL!!!!
Must have driven you bonkers waiting a whole 20 min to reply.

Quoting purplerobin:

Quoting Anonymous:

You are apparently doing a lot of ASSuming. If I spent all day on the computer I would have responded to you earlier and by now I'd have a higher rank in the group than bronze. So should I assume YOU are on the computer all day?? I'm sure you spend quite a bit of time acting like a know-it-all uppity asshole. So since you know it all, how do I manage to WORK for a living if I was on here all day? Oh, that's right I'm NOT do fuck off.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 56 on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:02 AM
We all deserve food. None of us "deserves" steak, birthday cake, or any other specific type of food.

Quoting Anonymous:

And who the hell are you to say someone doesn't "deserve" birthday cake, or steak?

Quoting tennisgal:

sorry, but the mass population of ladies on here who say, "oh look, I just bought birthday cake and steak with my food stamps b/c i deserve it." pretty much ruin it for anyone who is actually just trying to get by. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 57 on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:06 AM
I REALLY DONT CARE WHAT PEOPLE SAY IF THEY ARE ANGRY TOOO BAD IM STILL EATING AND RECEIVING MY FS EVERY MONTH :))
purplerobin
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL!!!!
Must have driven you bonkers waiting a whole 20 min to reply.

Quoting purplerobin:

Quoting Anonymous:

You are apparently doing a lot of ASSuming. If I spent all day on the computer I would have responded to you earlier and by now I'd have a higher rank in the group than bronze. So should I assume YOU are on the computer all day?? I'm sure you spend quite a bit of time acting like a know-it-all uppity asshole. So since you know it all, how do I manage to WORK for a living if I was on here all day? Oh, that's right I'm NOT do fuck off.

Riiiight, you ASSuming asshole. I was too busy visiting a friend and getting caught up scrapbooking to bother with you. Dealing with idiots like you is a complete waste of time. Get over yourself.

AnAngelsKiss
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 5:03 PM
I get fs. I make my own birthday cakes. Just cuz I am awesome at decorating and can make a $200 cake for $25. So are you stuck up moms that are not on fs say that ppl who are need to live like shit beause they are on fs? What would it even matter to you how others use their fs anyways if it doesn't personally effect you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jasuzha
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 5:09 PM
They expire in three months.

Quoting celestegood:

Thanks for pointing that out!  I wanted to earlier, but was mobile.  If you don't use those fs, they stay on said card and expire after six months or a year.  I used to be on them, but I can't remember when they said they expire.  Either way, you don't pocket cash for fs you don't spend.

Quoting Anonymous:

You can't just "pocket" the money that would be saved. It seems you are very ill informed on food stamps.

Quoting illinoismommy83:

If you can't afford to feed your sons and require help from the government I simply don't understand how you can afford to waste $40 on a pre-made cake instead of $4 on a box mix. Food stamps are designed to help feed families who would go hungry without them. You obviously aren't in that bad of shape if you can give up several days of food in exchange for a cake. 

You have internet access, so you could google how to decorate a cake and save some money. Put the $36 you'd save into your bank account and save for an emergency.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because I have FS my son can't have a cake?

And BTW my local grocery store makes the most fantastic custom cakes and FS pays for it and less than half the price of the speciality shops.  I love the cupcake cakes with whipped icing.  I only get one cake for my sons though, they have the same birth day (different years) so the poor dears have to share. oh nos!

Quoting illinoismommy83:

But... they can't use the FS card at the fancy cake shops so they "suffer" and have to settle for the grocery store cakes. LOL. Yeah, my daughters and I went to a FS birthday party in June for DD1's friend. It was a great party... I haven't had that quality of steak in years. They get cash assistance too so we had lots of beer at the party. Mmm, tasty FS party.

SMH.

Quoting CBMMOM:

Quoting tennisgal:

It bugs me,too when people buy $60 and $70 birthday cakes with food stamps.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Do You Lose Food Stamps Left Over From the Previous Month?

Jack Ori

By Jack Ori, eHow Contributor

The federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, provides low income families with money specifically for purchasing food. Although food stamps are meant to supplement regular purchases rather than take care of all of the family's food needs, some families may find that they don't use all their food stamps in a month. Food stamps roll over from month to month; as long as you use some of your food stamps each month you can continue to receive them.

Roll Overs

• If you use some of your SNAP benefits but do not use all of them, your benefits will always carry over into the next month. This is called rolling over your benefits. In general, your benefits will always roll over; however, if you do not use any of your benefits for 365 days, your state government must presume that you no longer need food assistance and permanently cancel your benefits.

Accumulation on EBT Card

• Your EBT card always holds your current food stamp balance. At the beginning of the next month, your new benefits are deposited into your EBT account; thus, benefits accumulate over time. For example, if you receive $140 per month in food stamps and only spend $70, the next month $140 is deposited on top of the $70 still in your account, for a total of $210. If you do not use your entire balance in the next month, your food stamp benefits continue to accumulate.

Read more: Do You Lose Food Stamps Left Over From the Previous Month? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/info_8243423_do-left-over-previous-month.html#ixzz29PBx99La

Read more: Do You Lose Food Stamps Left Over From the Previous Month? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/info_8243423_do-left-over-previous-month.html#ixzz29PBYzMKb

Quoting Jasuzha:

Quoting celestegood:

Jasuzha
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:16 PM
Here they expire in three months. Its in the letters they send out about your benefits every time.

Quoting celestegood:

Do You Lose Food Stamps Left Over From the Previous Month?

Jack Ori

By Jack Ori, eHow Contributor

The federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, provides low income families with money specifically for purchasing food. Although food stamps are meant to supplement regular purchases rather than take care of all of the family's food needs, some families may find that they don't use all their food stamps in a month. Food stamps roll over from month to month; as long as you use some of your food stamps each month you can continue to receive them.

Roll Overs

• If you use some of your SNAP benefits but do not use all of them, your benefits will always carry over into the next month. This is called rolling over your benefits. In general, your benefits will always roll over; however, if you do not use any of your benefits for 365 days, your state government must presume that you no longer need food assistance and permanently cancel your benefits.

Accumulation on EBT Card

• Your EBT card always holds your current food stamp balance. At the beginning of the next month, your new benefits are deposited into your EBT account; thus, benefits accumulate over time. For example, if you receive $140 per month in food stamps and only spend $70, the next month $140 is deposited on top of the $70 still in your account, for a total of $210. If you do not use your entire balance in the next month, your food stamp benefits continue to accumulate.

Read more: Do You Lose Food Stamps Left Over From the Previous Month? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/info_8243423_do-left-over-previous-month.html#ixzz29PBx99La

Read more: Do You Lose Food Stamps Left Over From the Previous Month? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/info_8243423_do-left-over-previous-month.html#ixzz29PBYzMKb

Quoting Jasuzha:

Quoting celestegood:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 32 on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:05 PM
[quote name="purplerobin" id="0"][.p/quote]

LOL!!!!
Must have driven crazy waiting a whole 24 hrs to respond. Please you are on here all freaking day EVERY DAY. Hysterical really.

Get a job. So come November 5th you can feed your children.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)