Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

People who hate people on food stamps:

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Would you rather children STARVE? seriously. leave people alone. just trying to feed my kids.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Replies (41-50):
BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this
The majority of people on foodstamps, are doing what you just said. Lol.

That's why they receive help, their crappy job doesn't cover all their bills plus put food on the table.

Quoting Anonymous:

So its either food stamps or starve.  Those are the only 2 choices right?  What about this one thing I have heard of called working.  you go to a job, yea maybe a crappy one and you do what the boss tells you and they give you money!  HEll yea!  Money!  Try it

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rocker.Mom.07
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Right!? What does it matter WHAT they buy? The state money is being spent either way... In all honesty, all it would be is smarter to by the cheaper things and get more food out of the help they recieve and even stock up in case of the Zombie Apocolypse, know what I'm sayin? lol I am a single, full time working mom, I recieve the assistance. Once in awhile...I get my girls and me little steaks and have a nice dinner. Deserve it? I don't give a shit if people think I do. I like meat.

Quoting parentalrights1:

it. Cracks me up that people expect those on food stamps to just get cheap shit with it. Like the more expensive is somehow not food or something. The stamps are here to feed you. Pick what you want. You don't have to avoid certain things just because people would rather see you sob into your nightly bowl of gruel

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Then they should cut their bills...seriously...you know people who are on Food Stamps and have iphones...ummm yea....

People are not willing to cut what they see as "nessecities"  like a phone or nails done....to save the money to make it...they would rather keep their fun stuff and let other people pay for the food on their table...and keep the phone

No joke! I have seen it a million times....rediculous!

Quoting BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs:

That's why they receive help, their crappy job doesn't cover all their bills plus put food on the table.

Quoting Anonymous:

So its either food stamps or starve.  Those are the only 2 choices right?  What about this one thing I have heard of called working.  you go to a job, yea maybe a crappy one and you do what the boss tells you and they give you money!  HEll yea!  Money!  Try it

moneysaver6
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
$800/month for just food is too much; even with 4 kids & 2 adults in the house. That's what she's talking about.

You're right, you don't control the amount you get. That's why many of us (me included) believe that changes need to be made.

Note, most of us don't hate people on food stamps or public assistance in general. We just recognize that our country is broke and something has to give. If changes aren't made, then we fear that no one will get any help.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yea, but people don't choose how much they receive.  The state looks at their info then sets an amount based on that.  In my state, it's really not that much unless you have next to no income.  I'm out of a job at the moment, so we get almost 800 a month, but I also have four kids, so that ups it as well.  Generally the more people you have, the more assistance you get.  

Quoting Anonymous:

I get why some people are upset about it.. in some states people get an unreal amount of money.  Right now, because of the D-SNAP last month, i have over a grand on my card and I'm pretty much done with my shopping for the month except to get things we run out of fast like bread.  I never use the full amount they give me ( I coupon) and it rolls over, plus I got DSNAP last month that I got automatically, I didn't even apply for it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HezekiahsMom07
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:23 AM
-_-
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

And who the hell are you to say someone doesn't "deserve" birthday cake, or steak?

Quoting tennisgal:

sorry, but the mass population of ladies on here who say, "oh look, I just bought birthday cake and steak with my food stamps b/c i deserve it." pretty much ruin it for anyone who is actually just trying to get by. 

BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh please. You're right there are people with iphones and get their nails done, etc. But many many more who don't. Lol.

Use your fucking head. This is basic math. When someone is working a crappy min. Wage job (or not much above) most do not make enough money to cover everything.

But keep on thinking that's why millions are on foodstamps. Makes you look very intelligent.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then they should cut their bills...seriously...you know people who are on Food Stamps and have iphones...ummm yea....

People are not willing to cut what they see as "nessecities"  like a phone or nails done....to save the money to make it...they would rather keep their fun stuff and let other people pay for the food on their table...and keep the phone

Quoting BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:30 AM
Whoopee whoopee do da day!
angevil53
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:33 AM
I used to be like this but now i realize its just necessary bc there will people that never want to support their family no matter what. I just sincerely hope the kids don't follow in their footsteps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

First of, the word is "Ridiculous".  Second, don't over exaggerate...you haven't seen it "a million times".  Families in America are struggling.  Many can't afford to feed their families AFTER paying housing costs.  It's a damn shame, and I, for one have no problem with helping feed someone's family.  Nor should you. God forbid you EVER end up needing some type of assistance.  What then?  I"m sure your mindset would change pretty fucking quick.  It's all good when the shoe is on the other foot, eh?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN