Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

its the cheapest hotel chain. would you take your child there to save a few bucks? or would you absolutely NEVER take your children there? explain your reasoning.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Replies (11-20):
thehickinhickor
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:33 AM
I re clean whatever room i renso as long as the price is right and not in a creepy unsafe area i am fine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FL2AK
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:35 AM
I am very picky about hotels so no I would not take my children to a low end chain hotel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:40 AM

This

Quoting imafuswb:

As long as they don't have bedbugs, I don't really care, for something like one night of a roadtrip. For extended stay, I prefer a nicer facility.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:21 AM

sidesplittinglaughter

You've clearly never been poor.

Quoting Hutersmom:

I'm a hotel snob :/ my cheep place is the Hampton inn I get skeeved at motels I have stayed at motels Which is why I won't now unless I absoulutly have too 😕besides its really only a 20-40$ savings and nicer places provide breakfast rather than having to go somewhere so its almost even..😊

Dayna29
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:23 AM

I grew up staying in them and they were always clean. But now they are getting more expensive. There are other motels out there that are much cheaper and very clean as well.

Hutersmom
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:56 AM
No I have but I also come from a family of six where 20-40 dollars was not going to feed all of us on the road so yea for my family it always made more sense to stay in the place that provided breakfast and was more likely cleaner considering at least 2 of us ended up on the floor... Being poor made my mother make smarter choices she could stay at the motel which was 89-129 or she could stay at the hotel which was 100-149 one would be safer, and often has nicer amenities like pools and having laundry areas that are coin operated cause lets face it with six people in the car you have to be light on luggage.... And we got fed in the morning and if she was smart any left over food we brought to the room was packed and brought along as snack. So yes I've been poor I'm not now but I have been. It's about being smart not just cheep...

Quoting Anonymous:

sidesplittinglaughter

You've clearly never been poor.

Quoting Hutersmom:

I'm a hotel snob :/ my cheep place is the Hampton inn I get skeeved at motels I have stayed at motels Which is why I won't now unless I absoulutly have too 😕besides its really only a 20-40$ savings and nicer places provide breakfast rather than having to go somewhere so its almost even..😊

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:58 AM

it is not the cheapest!! However, when we travel I make sure it is a place that serves breakfast and not just nasty ass packaged rolls and coffee (continental)

JBiiirdD
by No Day but Today on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:58 AM
Motel 6 allows pets so that's generally where we stay otherwise I'd be elsewhere.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Nope
mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:01 AM

We stayed at a Holiday Inn one time when our car broke down - my hubby went out to smoke a cig and watched drug sales - in a nicer location LOL - we complained and got a night for free coupon that we used elsewhere a few moths later

Quoting thehickinhickor:

I re clean whatever room i renso as long as the price is right and not in a creepy unsafe area i am fine

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)