Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

its the cheapest hotel chain. would you take your child there to save a few bucks? or would you absolutely NEVER take your children there? explain your reasoning.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Replies (31-40):
hollydaze1974
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:20 AM
I've stayed one as a child on the way to fla. We all got covered in bug bites and just a shower, no tub. mom was not happy, so the answer is a big fat no!
if you need a
cheap hotel, Super 8 Was tons better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hargonagain
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:22 AM

We stay at Motel 6 almost every where we go.  I prefer to spend my money on the actual fun stuff, not spend it on the hotel where are just sleeping in.  There are lots of very nice hotels that are dirty and gross as cheap hotels.  In fact, I am making reservations at at Motel 6 for New Year's Eve.  I don't have a ton of money to spend on our vacations, so I would rather spend the most money on the actual vacation and spend less on a hotel.

faerie75
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:23 AM
I would. It's always been clean. The individual cheap motels are the ones I find sketch as fuck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hp2011
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:24 AM

i think it depends on what city it's in. there's one here and it's pretty nice, very clean, and there's free coffee.

ChrissyReznor
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:28 AM
No I will usually pay extra to stay at a Hilton hotel,I like to pretend I'm fancy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:30 AM
A couple of summers ago we took a road trip family vacation to visit family. We drove across 3 states and would stop when we got tired. We would stop when we saw a Motel 6. It was me, DH and 4 kids. 2 kids shared a bed, and the other 2 slept in pack and plays we brought with us. We also had our small dog with us too. We never had a problem. They were priced right for us and the cleanliness was ok.
layawatling
by Laya on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:33 AM

No. I usually stay in a Marriott or something to that equivalency. Most of the time the Marriott though as I used to work for them.

sweetmissy_05
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Yes if it's clean we would stay...we're not picky.  I think we have stayed in one before.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:40 AM
No, I'm a Hilton snob. My husband is a diamond member so we get free suite upgrades. No way I could ever go back to a motel 6.
two4one
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:41 AM

As long as a hotel is clean, I will go. Most of the time you are only in the room to sleep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured