Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

its the cheapest hotel chain. would you take your child there to save a few bucks? or would you absolutely NEVER take your children there? explain your reasoning.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Replies (41-50):
Jasuzha
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Yes I would stay there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Nope, stayed at super 8 motel once and it was a nightmare. Never again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I must be a snob but no I would not stay in one

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:00 PM

We did take our kids there long ago on a trip to San Diego.  The one we stayed at was beautiful, right near the beach.  It was great-we stayed there for a week.  BUT, on the drive home we stayed at one in northern Cali, that was horrible.  There was pot smoke everywhere.  And lots of loud people.  If it wasn't very late at night (and we were all exhausted), we would have left.  I have never stayed there again-and this was about 10 years ago.  Now, we pay more to ensure decency.

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

No, there is a much bigger price difference than that.  I randomly picked Coeur D'Alene Idaho to compare prices.  Hampton Inn is $139 night, and the Motel 6 is $49 night.  $90 a night is significant to people who don't have a lot of money-and you can buy a lot of breakfast for $90.

Quoting Hutersmom:

I'm a hotel snob :/ my cheep place is the Hampton inn I get skeeved at motels I have stayed at motels Which is why I won't now unless I absoulutly have too 😕besides its really only a 20-40$ savings and nicer places provide breakfast rather than having to go somewhere so its almost even..😊

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:09 PM
My two kids my ex and i lived in one for a week
_mimimosley_
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:11 PM
I have and will, it has all you need a bed shower sink TV mirror and AC
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:14 PM
I have. They had a pool. They also just renovated and had brand-new everthing. Some areas were still under construction.
bgbootyho
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:17 PM
I've lived in many many hotels... The worse we've HAD to stay in was the Bluebell Inn in Canada. It was NASTY and scary but it was a place to sleep and shower. Motel 6 can't be any worse lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hutersmom
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:33 PM
Maybe there lol but I live in ny/nj motels around here start at 90$ and Hampton in is only 129-149 it depends on where your going too.

Quoting chalisa0:

No, there is a much bigger price difference than that.  I randomly picked Coeur D'Alene Idaho to compare prices.  Hampton Inn is $139 night, and the Motel 6 is $49 night.  $90 a night is significant to people who don't have a lot of money-and you can buy a lot of breakfast for $90.

Quoting Hutersmom:

I'm a hotel snob :/ my cheep place is the Hampton inn I get skeeved at motels I have stayed at motels Which is why I won't now unless I absoulutly have too 😕besides its really only a 20-40$ savings and nicer places provide breakfast rather than having to go somewhere so its almost even..😊

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)