Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

its the cheapest hotel chain. would you take your child there to save a few bucks? or would you absolutely NEVER take your children there? explain your reasoning.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Replies (61-64):
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:45 PM
No just because its dirty but it also brings back memories of high school I would rather forget.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Anonymous 11 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Dh works out of town for weeks at a time and his boss covers the hotel reservations and costs. If he's within 5 hours of here, I will go visit on the weekends. Well earlier this year his boss forgot to book the hotel so all that was available was Motel 6. Both Dh and I have traveled beyond extensively over the last 25 years, all over the world and in all kinds of hotels/motels, so not much bothers us but JESUS NEVER AGAIN. For the first time in my life I wrote a complaint letter. It was beyond horrible. Dirty, beat down room, shady characters, fights, and later we found out there had been a prostitution ring working out of there!

A few weekends ago we took a last minute family road trip and couldn't find any good hotels because of some convention in town...ended up at a Rodeway Inn an hour outside of our destination and while it wasn't optimal, it actually wasn't that bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by FriendoftheFoot on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Growing up we stayed in them when we drove across the country. I barely remember it though.

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Me too. If we're stopping on the road, I wait for an exit that has a Hampton Inn. If I'm not getting to sleep in my own bed, I at least want a clean, comfy one. As for a long stay on vacation, I try to stay in really nice, unique hotels. It's not something you do everyday, so I think the experience of a nice hotel adds to the trip.

Quoting Hutersmom:

I'm a hotel snob :/ my cheep place is the Hampton inn I get skeeved at motels I have stayed at motels Which is why I won't now unless I absoulutly have too 😕besides its really only a 20-40$ savings and nicer places provide breakfast rather than having to go somewhere so its almost even..😊

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN