Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

its the cheapest hotel chain. would you take your child there to save a few bucks? or would you absolutely NEVER take your children there? explain your reasoning.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Replies (61-64):
_AshlynNicole
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:45 PM
No just because its dirty but it also brings back memories of high school I would rather forget.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Dh works out of town for weeks at a time and his boss covers the hotel reservations and costs. If he's within 5 hours of here, I will go visit on the weekends. Well earlier this year his boss forgot to book the hotel so all that was available was Motel 6. Both Dh and I have traveled beyond extensively over the last 25 years, all over the world and in all kinds of hotels/motels, so not much bothers us but JESUS NEVER AGAIN. For the first time in my life I wrote a complaint letter. It was beyond horrible. Dirty, beat down room, shady characters, fights, and later we found out there had been a prostitution ring working out of there!

A few weekends ago we took a last minute family road trip and couldn't find any good hotels because of some convention in town...ended up at a Rodeway Inn an hour outside of our destination and while it wasn't optimal, it actually wasn't that bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Growing up we stayed in them when we drove across the country. I barely remember it though.

NoahandEliza
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Me too. If we're stopping on the road, I wait for an exit that has a Hampton Inn. If I'm not getting to sleep in my own bed, I at least want a clean, comfy one. As for a long stay on vacation, I try to stay in really nice, unique hotels. It's not something you do everyday, so I think the experience of a nice hotel adds to the trip.

Quoting Hutersmom:

I'm a hotel snob :/ my cheep place is the Hampton inn I get skeeved at motels I have stayed at motels Which is why I won't now unless I absoulutly have too ๐Ÿ˜•besides its really only a 20-40$ savings and nicer places provide breakfast rather than having to go somewhere so its almost even..๐Ÿ˜Š

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN