Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Critique me!

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:57 AM
  • 38 Replies

Please give me CONSTRUCTVE criticism, mean, spiteful and hateful feed back will be ignored.

Here are my next two assignments to turn into my instructor Monday, tell me what you think. The first one is a restoration assignment. Pretty easy and straightforward. The second one, we had to take a photo turn it into RGB B&W and then pop color through. =) She only required a min of 5 colors, and stated she would give extra credit for above and beyond, I have a total of 12 colors. lol.

I've included before's and afters:

Restoration Before:

Restoration after:

Colorization before:

Colorization after:

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:58 AM
I don't like the second shot of the kid. The green hair makes him resemble the joker.
ExquisiteMomof2
by PHOTOGMOM on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:59 AM

The man in the restoration picture is my Paw paw. The child in the colorization picture is my 2 year old son this past Fourth of July. He wasn't two yet. (He turned 2 end of September).

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:59 AM
I really like the restoration picture. I'm not a photographer but colorization (after) looks weird. The hair color anyway. How was that? Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:00 AM
First one looks really great and if I were paying for that restoration I would be pleased.
The second picture... Well not so sure. Not liking the green hair at all!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:00 AM
I fart in the bathtub and try to eat the bubbles I make.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:01 AM
Personally I do not think the 2nd pic is creative enough.
pittymama
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:01 AM

i agree about the hair color being sort of... weird in the 2nd picture. i get what you were trying to do but i'm not sure about the hair. i really like the first picture though. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't like the second shot of the kid. The green hair makes him resemble the joker.

ExquisiteMomof2
by PHOTOGMOM on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:02 AM

I think it's the yellow hue I chose. I'm still playing around with it. I'm thinking of adding a little light brown, to bring the "green" down and the "blonde" out a little more. If that makes sense. lol. It was actually VERY easy once I learned the RIGHT tools to use. lol. I've been doing it the RIDICULOUSLY hard way for so long. lol. The lecture notes , video and assignment actually showed me the MUCH simplified way of doing it, so that's why I had SO much more fun this time around. Yeah, on my lap top it looks slightly green, on my high res desktop monitor it looks right. =/ somewhat.

Quoting moosesmom:

I really like the restoration picture. I'm not a photographer but colorization (after) looks weird. The hair color anyway. How was that? Lol.

Charliesmommy11
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:03 AM
The color one of your ds needs more work , his hair looks odd and his elbow is colored out of bounds
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:03 AM

on the edges get a lil more closer to the subject ... it's almost like  a child trying to stay in the lines when coloring but failed, and personaly i wouldn't change the color of the baby's hair and skin i would have kept it the same, and maybe done a tree or two.  but i loved how you colored the shirt .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)