Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

read about the girl being killed walking to school

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:09 AM
  • 64 Replies

most people commenting on yahoo thought the mother should have not let her walk on her own...what do you do?how does your child (how old) get to school and what age to you think is ok for them to walk alone?

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jess_Carrillo
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:10 AM
2 moms liked this
Personally the way things are today, my son will not be walking to school period, I don't even really trust a bus. Sad what things have come to !!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ballerina18
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:12 AM

Link to the article?

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:12 AM
Oh gush how sad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mollysmom212
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:13 AM

yes but not every mom is able to walk their child ..maybe because of work schedule etc....

mollysmom212
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:14 AM

check on yahoo 

Quoting ballerina18:

Link to the article?

LCG83
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:15 AM
I walk my son to the bus stop and wait with him until I know he's safely on the bus. His driver is a wonderful sweet woman so I k ow he's in good hands. I wait for him to get home also and we walk together. This day and age I can't see him letting him walk alone until he's AT LEAST 14. And I am planning to get him in karate also. This world is too scary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:15 AM
This mom could have. She chose not to take the few minutes it would have taken at the end of her day. Then didn't answer the phone for hours. If she had only answered her phone they may have been able to find this little girl alive.

Quoting mollysmom212:

yes but not every mom is able to walk their child ..maybe because of work schedule etc....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:17 AM
I've fallowed the story since day one (mainly because I have the local news on my Facebook and we live an hour or 2 away from where she went missing)

Even though we are moving to a small town my daughter will never walk to school with out me

I had decided this before Jessica went messing but I am more set on walking her to school every day

*rip Jessica you were taken to soon and had a full life to live*
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:18 AM
Her mom worked nights and was sleeping before you start bashing someone make sure you have the facts

Quoting Anonymous:

This mom could have. She chose not to take the few minutes it would have taken at the end of her day. Then didn't answer the phone for hours. If she had only answered her phone they may have been able to find this little girl alive.

Quoting mollysmom212:

mollysmom212
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:18 AM

article on yahoo is about jessica ridgeway she was ten and was abducted on her way  to school...she was supposed to meet up with friends to walk with them so it wasn`t like she would have walked alone..how long does everyone think a mom should walk her kid?like with 15 would you still do it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)