Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

read about the girl being killed walking to school

Posted by   + Show Post

most people commenting on yahoo thought the mother should have not let her walk on her own...what do you do?how does your child (how old) get to school and what age to you think is ok for them to walk alone?

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:09 AM
Replies (61-64):
mollysmom212
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:02 AM

yes for parents with kids that live close to where it happened it is so scary  and they should definetly make some arrangements to have their kids in presence of an adult..i would assume there will also be additional  police patrols at least until who ever did this is found...we used to get one call after 9,30 saying that a child didn`t show up and if no one answered  there would be a message on the answering machine and then another call in the evening( by that time you would have known your child didn`t return from school)...now our school doesn`t do it at all...

sarahsmommy508
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:05 AM
Her mom was an overnite worker she came home as Jessica was leaving .she could have walked her, but at the same time she walked every day

Quoting mollysmom212:

yes but not every mom is able to walk their child ..maybe because of work schedule etc....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
opal10161973
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:10 AM

You know what's crazy?  I used to walk to school at 4-5yo.  It wasn't that close either.  There is no way I would let my 5yo walk the three houses to the bus stop.

3boys1girl32
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:50 AM
1 mom liked this
My two oldest walk home from to school most days,they are 15 and 17.They were both in junior high when they started walking.My two youngest 6 and 8 don't walk to school and won't for a long time,they don't even play outside alone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN