Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it stupid "announce" to people a miscarriage when they didnt even know you were pregnant? *update blue*

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:17 AM
  • 307 Replies

I want to do something to remember this pregnancy by, All I have is a pregnancy test. I was 4wks 6days and starting bleeding heavy today. I feel stupid to want to tell people I have lost this baby. I want to announce the pregnancy that no one knew about, I have known for a week but I didn't say anything to anyone other then my mum, sister, fiance and 2 close friends but now I sit here thinking I want to make sure this baby is known about. I do not want to act like this never happened.

I want to upload a picture of my positive test to facebook with message to let everyone know that we had and have lost our second child but I honestly feel like a attention seeker or like I will be seen as one :(

Do you think its a bad idea?

UPDATE:

I decided not to say anything on FB, We decided to "name" this one Skyler even though DF thought it was a crazy idea lol should have seen his face when I said we should name! priceless! haha

I am very aware that it was just "cells", a chemical pregnancy or blighted whatever, to me we were TTC and I thought I had my positive test so I was happy, I was imagining life with a toddler and newborn, A big belly on my birthday and giving birth via the VBAC i want so bad.

I woke up to blood and that was all crushed, the dream I guess.

So it still sucks even though people don't see this a "real" pregnancy. My son was once that little, once he was a bunch of cells and come out as a baby, a human being, Looking at him and knowing that this pregnancy could have been that makes a difference to the situation and the term "real pregnancy".

Thank you to all you ladies regardless of how you see any of this :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angie729
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:19 AM

Hugs...Im sorry for your loss. Im really not sure what I would do if I were in your situation.

krunchykorn
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:22 AM

BUMP!

blue_mystique
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:25 AM
19 moms liked this

its called grieving don't worry what people think about it. If it will help you heal then do it. Sorry for your loss

heatherd09
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I honestly don't know what I would do in that situation but I'm sorry for your loss!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
biancalina20
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:29 AM
Its up to you Hun. Sorry for your loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aDayInParidise
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:30 AM
4 moms liked this

I can see how you feel about seeking attention. Oct 14 will be 2 years since I lost my little girl, and another girl I know posted a pic of some kind about pregnancy loss, something about awarness week and people are lighting candles on Oct 15, and I wanted to re-post/share it but I felt the same way you do about it.

Maybe we shouldn't worry so much about what other people think lol. I don't think it is a stupid idea either.

hollydaze1974
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:30 AM
2 moms liked this
I think your fiance and sister/mom should know....you need to grieve and them do that with you. Announcing with wit "proof" seems a bit over the top. I named my angel babies and put them as siblings inthe baby book to not forget them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AF2011
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:33 AM
2 moms liked this
Do whatever will make you feel better. If you need advice or to vent there is a miscarriage/pregnancy loss group. The ladies there just wonderful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krunchykorn
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:35 AM

Thats a good idea. How do you chose a name for a baby when you dont know the sex? i think i may do that

Quoting hollydaze1974:

I think your fiance and sister/mom should know....you need to grieve and them do that with you. Announcing with wit "proof" seems a bit over the top. I named my angel babies and put them as siblings inthe baby book to not forget them.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
eyeheartsin
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:36 AM
12 moms liked this
If it helps you grieve then it's not wrong. If I were you I would say something like you wish you could have announced your pregnancy soon but now you and family are grieving the loss and ask for thoughts and prayers through this difficult time

Hugs :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured