Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seriously

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:54 AM
  • 11 Replies

ds is 3yo and everyday he has to go to school a have to pry him ut of bed (he gets up at 7am), but every weekend he is always up between 6:30 and 7:00. how the hell is that possible, dh came home at 3am this morning after getting him some dinner and spending some time with we went to bed after 4. ds came in our room at 6:30 this morning and ask for breakfast.

does your kids do this?

CafeMom Tickersand still no baby

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinkcookie019
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:56 AM

My kids are always up at 5:40 a.m. Doesn't matter if it's a school day, snow day, weekend or if they know they have an early morning appointment for shots. They just cannot sleep in past six freakin' a.m!

DSC_0460asdf

Lindsey1126
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:01 AM
Yes because they know they don't have to go to school and can lay back down later if they want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LexRi0709
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:04 AM
My 3 yr old is a bear to get up during the week. We have to take her sister to the bus. They get up at 6:45 and out the door at 7:15. On the weekends, forget sleeping in. Dd is up playing by 6:15am.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3gr8tKids
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:04 AM
They did yes... fast forward to13 14 15 16 and unless they work they sleep til 2pm.

Quoting cammy002:

ds is 3yo and everyday he has to go to school a have to pry him ut of bed (he gets up at 7am), but every weekend he is always up between 6:30 and 7:00. how the hell is that possible, dh came home at 3am this morning after getting him some dinner and spending some time with we went to bed after 4. ds came in our room at 6:30 this morning and ask for breakfast.

does your kids do this?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:05 AM

My kids are up everyday before or by seven.

zoegirlsmom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:05 AM
2 moms liked this

No, I am an early riser. My kids, however are destined to be night owls or vampires.

mom2the.rescue
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:06 AM

lol, yes.  It's getting better with the boys tho, they're 11 & 9.  They used to be up on weekends around 6...but to get them out of bed at 7 I had to pour water on them lol torture, I know...whatever.  Now my 4yo dd is doing the same.  She's been up for 1.5 hrs...but on a school day, I often have her fully dressed before she wakes up lol.

kiralyn
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:07 AM
Nope. My kids sleep until 9-10 on weekends. It's fantastic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2the.rescue
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:07 AM

wow, I never thought of it that way.  I always just thought they looked forward to getting up & playing lol.  I didn't realize they knew they'd get the rest they needed if they got up early...where as if they're at school they can't rest.  thanks!

Quoting Lindsey1126:

Yes because they know they don't have to go to school and can lay back down later if they want.

cammy002
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:12 AM

then what the hell is going on with my ds?

right now he is watch tv and eating a tangarine (he loves it) i am only making one big breakfast so we can eat as a family we only get to do that on the weekend.
Quoting mom2the.rescue:

wow, I never thought of it that way.  I always just thought they looked forward to getting up & playing lol.  I didn't realize they knew they'd get the rest they needed if they got up early...where as if they're at school they can't rest.  thanks!

Quoting Lindsey1126:

CafeMom Tickersand still no baby

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN