Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confession: I don't think she should be hired for the job

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/12/jennifer-rogers_n_1961219.html

Basically, while she fit the profile of intelligent and polite she couldn't fit into the uniform which consists of a extremely short dress and cut off tank.  Honestly, she doesn't have the body type that the restraunt is looking for.  It happens.  It would be like forcing playboy to hire a obese woman or make Chippendale's hire a burly, rotund, and hairy man.  

here is a pic of her and a pic of a typical waitress from the restraunt.

Jennifer Rogers, left, said she was turned down for a job as a Kilt Girl, shown at the right, at a California restaurant because the uniform's skirt was a size too small. 

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:13 AM
I know right?!?

Quoting Anonymous:

So it's okay to discriminate because she's 'fatter than the outfit'?

Hmmmm..............

weezer_cookie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:13 AM
4 moms liked this
She doesn't fit their image. They shouldn't have let her go that far in the hiring process.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2the.rescue
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:15 AM

thank you!  It can be very empowering to not go anon right?  But I'll still be using it often...I love it.

Quoting winkyloafer:

Embrace your bravery!!

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

yes.  She can work at a family diner or somewhere else where they wear regular clothes.  If I go to a place like that, I don't want to see her flab.  lol, I should probably go anon for this but I'm not.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmmmm..............

blues_pagan
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:16 AM

She doesn't fit the image.  They are going for a specific look which she obviously doesn't fit. 

There are other jobs out there.  And honestly, I know that I am smaller than she is but I am far from what that restraunt is looking for so I wouldn't even apply for that job.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmmmm..............

blues_pagan
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Yes she is suing because they didn't hire her.

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

lol, I didn't read the article.  Did they not hire her and she's suing?  I don't think she should get the job either.  I've also noticed that many girls who don't look thin & pretty...think they are.  Their muffin top is bigger than my pregnant belly was....but they think they'd look great in that cute waitress uniform.  I could never be the person who tells that girl the truth.

winkyloafer
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:17 AM
Plus, the job entailed that they were not just servers but also entertainers, like the Coyote Ugly scenario. That'd just end up a mess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blues_pagan
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Exactly.  While I think that she is a pretty woman I don't think that her type of pretty fits in with that job.  Sorry, but no, just no.

Quoting winkyloafer:

Plus, the job entailed that they were not just servers but also entertainers, like the Coyote Ugly scenario. That'd just end up a mess.

MamaRae85
by *you're on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I agree.

I tend not to like the kind of places that only hire a certain "type", though. So I can't really decide if I feel like it's OK to hire her or not.

Quoting Anonymous:

There are enough chubby chasers out there that she shouldn't have a problem keeping a clientele. 

mom2the.rescue
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:20 AM

yeah, but it might also make people not want to go there kwim

Quoting biancalina20:

Well if she's willing to get into it .... who know some ppl like that but It mmight not look pretty :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:20 AM
2 moms liked this
I believe she would look better in the outfit than the girl that's wearing it in the pic.....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN