Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Confession: I don't think she should be hired for the job

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/12/jennifer-rogers_n_1961219.html

Basically, while she fit the profile of intelligent and polite she couldn't fit into the uniform which consists of a extremely short dress and cut off tank.  Honestly, she doesn't have the body type that the restraunt is looking for.  It happens.  It would be like forcing playboy to hire a obese woman or make Chippendale's hire a burly, rotund, and hairy man.  

here is a pic of her and a pic of a typical waitress from the restraunt.

Jennifer Rogers, left, said she was turned down for a job as a Kilt Girl, shown at the right, at a California restaurant because the uniform's skirt was a size too small. 

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Replies (21-30):
PeregrineWaltz
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't apply to hooters if you don't have the rack for it. There are jobs where image matters, get used to the idea. There was a time when our airline Stewardesses were weighed and taped.
blues_pagan
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Interesting but I have to disagree. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I believe she would look better in the outfit than the girl that's wearing it in the pic.....

winkyloafer
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:21 AM
2 moms liked this
It'd be like placing a plate of Jell-O on a table and banging your fists on it. I don't wanna see that!

Quoting blues_pagan:

Exactly.  While I think that she is a pretty woman I don't think that her type of pretty fits in with that job.  Sorry, but no, just no.

Quoting winkyloafer:

Plus, the job entailed that they were not just servers but also entertainers, like the Coyote Ugly scenario. That'd just end up a mess.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Maybe she has hungry kid's at home?

Quoting JDmommyJD:

I don't see why she would of even applied...

blues_pagan
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Exactly!  I don't understand the mentality that women who don't fit the image somehow deserve the job anyway.  While I am sure that she thinks she is super attractive and the hottest thing to apply for that restraunt I know many who would just disagree.  There are many types and levels of attractive and she doesn't fit with that restraunts definition.

Quoting PeregrineWaltz:

Don't apply to hooters if you don't have the rack for it. There are jobs where image matters, get used to the idea. There was a time when our airline Stewardesses were weighed and taped.

winkyloafer
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:23 AM
I definitely applied at Hooters when I was going through college hoping my butt in those shorts would make up for the fact that I wore an A-cup. :X

Quoting PeregrineWaltz:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.ChiMama.
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:24 AM
2 moms liked this
What people do for money. You already know this place has specific requirements why would you try to sue? I compare this to wanting to be a lifeguard when you dont know how to swim or being a personal trainer when you are overweight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:24 AM
I think some of you didnt read the article! She got through the interview process and was basically hired until she tried on the skirt! They say the look for a certain body type, so did they let her through as a joke?
blues_pagan
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:26 AM

Yes they had all but hired her and there was one last requirement, can you fit into the skirt.  They gave her the benefit of the doubt because you can't just look at some women and tell their size right off.  When she didn't fit into the skirt they then said, "Sorry can't hire you" because she didn't fit into the uniform, which was a requirement.  Too bad so sad.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think some of you didnt read the article! She got through the interview process and was basically hired until she tried on the skirt! They say the look for a certain body type, so did they let her through as a joke?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:26 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm torn. There were a bunch of lawsuits at Abercrombie (I think that was the one) for them not wanting anyone but blond, blue eyed employees. So obviously AA people complained, as they should. This place hires based on weight/looks, but I don't get why anyone would want to keep those types of crap holes in business anyway. I pretty much hate everything smut restaurants stand for.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured