Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confession: I don't think she should be hired for the job

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/12/jennifer-rogers_n_1961219.html

Basically, while she fit the profile of intelligent and polite she couldn't fit into the uniform which consists of a extremely short dress and cut off tank.  Honestly, she doesn't have the body type that the restraunt is looking for.  It happens.  It would be like forcing playboy to hire a obese woman or make Chippendale's hire a burly, rotund, and hairy man.  

here is a pic of her and a pic of a typical waitress from the restraunt.

Jennifer Rogers, left, said she was turned down for a job as a Kilt Girl, shown at the right, at a California restaurant because the uniform's skirt was a size too small. 

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Replies (261-269):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:55 AM
That waitress should really eat a few cheeseburgers.
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Okay, I don't understand why she would want to work somewhere that she would not doubt take abuse. When i first read this story and saw the photo, I had about 50 mean jokes pop in my head. Can you imagine how awful a group of frat boys might be?  And that tends to be the kind of guy that goes into those places. Why would she want to set her self up to hear "Get in my belly!" and "I'm dead sexy!" and "I'm fat bastard!" all day?

And as an aside, it annoys me when woman can not be objective about looks, because they are insecure about themselves. She does not have curves, she has chub. She has no tone what so ever. And most men with confidence would not prefer a girl like that, because her overall body condition gives off signals that she is not in control of herself.  Being honest about the fact that she is not in good shape does not mean anyone is mean. It means they are being honest.  I mean, for real, that photo makes her look like the character Vicky Pollard!

ElitestJen
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:27 AM
Weight and/or body type is not protected under equal opportunity laws.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:37 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Confidence comes in all sizes, I say if she's got it let rock the clothes.

I would pay to NOT ser her in that outfit.
aschwarz06
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:39 PM
She probably applied so she could sue when they didnt hire her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aschwarz06
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:41 PM
She might not be able to help it. I look like her maybe 5 pounds more and I have to eat 2700 calories a day just to maintain my weight. Not everyone who is thin starves themselves

Quoting Anonymous:

That waitress should really eat a few cheeseburgers.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adulation
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm with the employer on this one.  they gave her a chance but she couldn't meet all the requirements.  the end.

Aamy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:44 PM

She isnt. Their wait staff are entertainers. She is to fat for the uniform. If she really wants to work there, she should either lose the weight or work in the kitchen. 

Quoting Anonymous:

So it's okay to discriminate because she's 'fatter than the outfit'?

Hmmmm..............

heavenlybliss19
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:48 PM

wow....... i'd rather have the chick in the first pic as my waitress rather than Miss Anorexia and Silicone

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)