Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confession: I don't think she should be hired for the job

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/12/jennifer-rogers_n_1961219.html

Basically, while she fit the profile of intelligent and polite she couldn't fit into the uniform which consists of a extremely short dress and cut off tank.  Honestly, she doesn't have the body type that the restraunt is looking for.  It happens.  It would be like forcing playboy to hire a obese woman or make Chippendale's hire a burly, rotund, and hairy man.  

here is a pic of her and a pic of a typical waitress from the restraunt.

Jennifer Rogers, left, said she was turned down for a job as a Kilt Girl, shown at the right, at a California restaurant because the uniform's skirt was a size too small. 

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Replies (31-40):
winkyloafer
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:26 AM
Their better judgment may have gotten the best of them.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think some of you didnt read the article! She got through the interview process and was basically hired until she tried on the skirt! They say the look for a certain body type, so did they let her through as a joke?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
indymom72
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this

yeah, one too many people have told her that she's rocking "curves"...so she went for it.  Dumb...when I was chubby I knew I was, and never would have gone for a job like that.

winkyloafer
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:28 AM
I just wouldn't go there because many of them just serve fried chicken wings or something of the sort. They're not there for the food, especially if there are scantily-clad women.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm torn. There were a bunch of lawsuits at Abercrombie (I think that was the one) for them not wanting anyone but blond, blue eyed employees. So obviously AA people complained, as they should. This place hires based on weight/looks, but I don't get why anyone would want to keep those types of crap holes in business anyway. I pretty much hate everything smut restaurants stand for.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katrina316
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:29 AM
I agree. If one the requirements to get the job is to fit into the uniform and she doesn't, then she isn't fulfilling a requirement and therefore shouldn't be hired.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blues_pagan
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:29 AM

The difference here is that the people are hired as entertainers whereas Abercrombie is hiring sales reps, assoc and such.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm torn. There were a bunch of lawsuits at Abercrombie (I think that was the one) for them not wanting anyone but blond, blue eyed employees. So obviously AA people complained, as they should. This place hires based on weight/looks, but I don't get why anyone would want to keep those types of crap holes in business anyway. I pretty much hate everything smut restaurants stand for.

Sunshine257
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:31 AM
I don't like places like that. I don't understand why if she physically didn't fit the part why she even got through the interview process.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:32 AM
Quoting blues_pagan:

That's such bullshit! You can clearly see that this girl will not fit in a size 0 skirt!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:32 AM
Yea. She should apply at Denny's.

Quoting Anonymous:

So it's okay to discriminate because she's 'fatter than the outfit'?

Hmmmm..............

MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:33 AM
Tilted kilt. My sister worked there. She just had a baby and isn't going back because of all the baby weight and she's not as big as the girl on the left.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:34 AM
I think that girl is nuts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN