Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confession: I don't think she should be hired for the job

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/12/jennifer-rogers_n_1961219.html

Basically, while she fit the profile of intelligent and polite she couldn't fit into the uniform which consists of a extremely short dress and cut off tank.  Honestly, she doesn't have the body type that the restraunt is looking for.  It happens.  It would be like forcing playboy to hire a obese woman or make Chippendale's hire a burly, rotund, and hairy man.  

here is a pic of her and a pic of a typical waitress from the restraunt.

Jennifer Rogers, left, said she was turned down for a job as a Kilt Girl, shown at the right, at a California restaurant because the uniform's skirt was a size too small. 

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:34 AM
3 moms liked this
I would reaither see the chubby girl in the outfit who is happy with her self and body to do the job then the girls who starve them self to fit in to the damn thing!
blues_pagan
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:34 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting blues_pagan:

That's such bullshit! You can clearly see that this girl will not fit in a size 0 skirt!

How do you know that they don't have more than one size and she tried on the largest they had and still didn't fit?

blues_pagan
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:35 AM
3 moms liked this

not all women who are skinny starve themselves.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would reaither see the chubby girl in the outfit who is happy with her self and body to do the job then the girls who starve them self to fit in to the damn thing!

winkyloafer
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:37 AM
The girl on the right doesn't look starved.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
winkyloafer
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Seriously. That stereotype needs to die.

Quoting blues_pagan:

not all women who are skinny starve themselves.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
URHonor
by Rotten.Girl on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this

that was not "a size" too small...that was sizes too small. 

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:38 AM
Yes. Certain fields allow for some discrimination. The entertainment business is one of them. This was covered by Hooters a long time ago. They're considered a form of entertainment. It's like having an Asian couple on a movie who have what's supposed to be their biological child and the director being forced to hire a blonde caucasian for the role of their child. This girl doesn't fit the role at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

So it's okay to discriminate because she's 'fatter than the outfit'?

Hmmmm..............

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
biancalina20
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:40 AM
Yeah I know. Its meased up. If she did so well in her interviews, then they should have kept her... maybe have another uniform?? Ugh

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

yeah, but it might also make people not want to go there kwim

Quoting biancalina20:

Well if she's willing to get into it .... who know some ppl like that but It mmight not look pretty :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Maybe so but I'm sure the restaurant's key demographic when they opened was men. I know that some men prefer women other than the type that's in the pic on the right but when they're going somewhere to look at eye candy, she's what the majority want. They aren't there to find a wife. They're there to have something to look at.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blues_pagan
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

So they should make exceptions for her?  Why?  There are many people who might fit a job personality wise but they may not fit the image.  Face it, not everyone is cut out for certain jobs.  that would be like hiring a sales rep at a automotive parts store because she has a nice voice and personlity but doesn't know a thing about automotives.  It is stupid and unnecessary.  This is what people mean by the "entitlement generation"

Quoting biancalina20:

Yeah I know. Its meased up. If she did so well in her interviews, then they should have kept her... maybe have another uniform?? Ugh

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

yeah, but it might also make people not want to go there kwim

Quoting biancalina20:

Well if she's willing to get into it .... who know some ppl like that but It mmight not look pretty :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)