Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Military Wives Go Topless for PTSD *Update on last page*

Posted by   + Show Post

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/05/slideshow-military-wives-go-topless-for-ptsd/

I thought that this was really neat especially since my DH suffers from combat related PTSD and I suffer from an incident related PTSD from when I was active duty.

I am thinking of getting a hold of these people to volunteer for a pic.

What do you think?

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Replies (121-128):
Sekirei
by Nari on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Going to do my son's feet :D

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:04 AM
What's the significance of being topless? I don't get it.
blues_pagan
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I showed DH this last night and he is going to do it with me as well as DD's feet.

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:07 AM

Several comments asked about doing this for all types of PTSD and I think that would be awesome! I think if we do something like this for CM we should open it up. PTSD is hard no matter who it is. I think just changing a few words in the pledge or coming up with your own pledge would be great!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:26 AM
This actually put tears in my eyes. My dh suffers from ptsd, and even though he's a civilian it affects our family in the same way. He's a completely different person now, but we fight like hell for our family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:27 AM
I'm assuming it's baring yourself just like when they have ptsd they can't cover up and hide.

Quoting Anonymous:

What's the significance of being topless? I don't get it.

blues_pagan
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:28 AM

This is a great idea.  I am thinking of going ahead with something like this once I get permission from this group and their support.

Quoting sheramom4:

Several comments asked about doing this for all types of PTSD and I think that would be awesome! I think if we do something like this for CM we should open it up. PTSD is hard no matter who it is. I think just changing a few words in the pledge or coming up with your own pledge would be great!

blues_pagan
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Received this today!

Dear Ms. Durand:
Thank you for your message and I apologize for my delayed response.
First off, let me address your questions about participating and modeling for a picture. First I will address participating. How would you like to participate? As a volunteer? Or as a member of our Forums?
Now let's address photos. Photographs are accepted from any and all as long as they meet certain requirements. They have to be battling for someone with PTSD. I think you fit that description. grin As for what the photograph may or may not contained...no frontal of full nudity; no identification as to military ID, i.e., no unit insignias; no insignia representing certain sections of the military, i.e, Ranger, Airborne, etc., including SEAL or DELTA. You may use rank & longevity; no dog tags that can be identified (we've had numerous pictures where they are wearing the dog tags of their PTSD combatant and you can see the details of the dog tag) please and last but not least, bare your backside from the shoulders to the waist.
As for Cafemom, I believe several of our Executive Team are members.
I hope I have answered your questions and let me know how you wish to participate. We do need volunteers and we do have a forum that needs more members. grin
Thank you so much for your message. I hope to see to speak with you again.
Sincerely,
Samantha Gandy
Director of Human Resources
BattlingBare.org

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN