Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You don't have to

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Run to the er everytime your child throws up or has a fever. It's so annoying!! Flu viruses can not be cured with antibiotics. Your body has to fight it off.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:46 AM
Replies (51-53):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Um, no. There are actual emergencies that are my job. I don't need little tommy with a 3 day old runny nose to keep my job.

Quoting lilbit04:

Wow! No kidding huh.....it really shouldn't matter to you where ppl take their kids and why, I mean after all if they didn't come you would be out of a job.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, I do know their back story. It is called a medical history.

Quoting lilbit04:

I'm not...but you dont know everyone's back story which is why I posted. Everyone is different and you working in the ER should know that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then obviously I wasn't speaking to you. Why are you trying to defend yourself?

Quoting lilbit04:

Your right you said YOU DON'T NEED TO RUN TO THE ER EVERY TIME YADA YADA YADA.....with that being said I know how the medical system works and I do believe ppl go in for bs reasons but every time any of my kids get a fever they start convulsing not so much my oldest but the younger two and I will not take any chances.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't believe I said NEVER take your kid to the er no matter what

Quoting lilbit04:

Alright then so what's the big deal? If my 2 yr old is running a fever and I can't get it down, you bet your ass ill be taking him to the ER. I'm not one of those moms that takes him just bc he has a cough, that's what they make dr appt for, but if its severe enough I'm. It taking chances.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. I work there. Thank you.

Quoting lilbit04:

You do realize they see the extremely ill/injured first?

Quoting Anonymous:

My concern is that it clogs the ER and takes attention and time away from actual emergencies. In some cases their bills do not get paid at all, so the hospital foots the bill for my time, the doctors time, and any medical equipment used during your "emergency"

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Unless you are paying the ER bill, I don't see how it is any concern of yours.

macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:00 PM
Many folks using ers are medicaid reciepients, so I am in those cases. And for those who dont pay or cant pay I end up with a higher bill to make up for the costs the docs and hospitals have to write off. So often yes I am.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you paying their bills?

Quoting macbudsmom:

Paranoid parents or attention seekers... Either way they clog up ers and create unnecessary bills.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:11 PM
My friends almost one year old had the "flu" Barely had a fever and was just fussy. Doctor said just the flu, she will be fine. After a day, the mom was feeling uncomfy about it and took her to the ER. ER said the same thing, gave the baby some iv fluids to keep her hydrated and sent her home. On day 3, the mom knew something still wasnt right and drove 3 hours to the next big city to a different hospital. At this hospital, the docs and nurses actually took the time to diagnose the baby. Turns out she had bacterial menegitis and it was too late to save her. She died. Had the original pedi or the original ER taken the time to truly check her out, instead of just saying "oh its just a little fever, you are wasting our time" Her little girl would still be alive. Please choose to be a better nurse and treat each case as tho it is important. Even if it is just an ear infection or the flu. It is not only your job, but you have the chance to truly make a difference and save lives.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)