Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Both or none, I think this is messed up.

Posted by   + Show Post

SO's niece is having a bday party today at chuck e cheese.

Only SO's son (my youngest) is invited, SO is dropping him off at his sister's house, and 4yo (from my ex) was not even mentioned.

Ass backwards.

Fucked up.

I'm pissed.

ETA:

My son with my ex is 4. Our son is 9mos. We live together. SO is like a father to my oldest. His family knows this. SO and I have been together for 3 years, with a year and a half roughly together pre-baby.

My creator made me strong enough to withstand any fear, terror, or trauma.
My creator gave me the will to fight for any and everything I love.
Yet, my creator made me soft enough to have love and compassion. 
I'm still standing, on my own two feet.
I was born into this world to fight, and it's painful, but I am accepting of the challenge.

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Replies (171-176):
stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:13 PM
wow your four year old wuld have a blast! and they invited the baby? i would say hell no! that was really shitty of her. maybe have ur SO talk to her and see if thats what she meant for sure. i wouldnt let the baby go and not my four year old tho.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hp2011
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:15 PM

SO has had chats with her about her bitchy demeanor and he even said "I accept my sister the way she is, she's been through a lot and she's just who she is..."

but GOD FORBID I don't have an ear to ear smile and I turn into all kinds of negative whatevers. Whatever.

He's talked to her, and she doesn't care.

Quoting stickyfingers:

wow your four year old wuld have a blast! and they invited the baby? i would say hell no! that was really shitty of her. maybe have ur SO talk to her and see if thats what she meant for sure. i wouldnt let the baby go and not my four year old tho.

My creator made me strong enough to withstand any fear, terror, or trauma.
My creator gave me the will to fight for any and everything I love.
Yet, my creator made me soft enough to have love and compassion. 
I'm still standing, on my own two feet.
I was born into this world to fight, and it's painful, but I am accepting of the challenge.

norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:19 PM
What the hell is a 9 month old going to do at Chuck E. Cheese? Ruuuude!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:23 PM
ok he can accept her for who she is but when it could hurt your child he needs to stand up for your kid...he needs to make a boundary with her. either both kids are welcome or none are going...idk i have been through something similar with a MIL and it was really hard on my oldest boy. i made it a point to make sure there was no seperation...we were a family and she needed to treat us that way period. she would buy bags of clothes or whatever forthe baby and nothing for my oldest. i had my dh tell her nope we are not taking anything because u got nothing for jake. she was such an asshole and he still remembers that. he is almost 18.

Quoting hp2011:

SO has had chats with her about her bitchy demeanor and he even said "I accept my sister the way she is, she's been through a lot and she's just who she is..."

but GOD FORBID I don't have an ear to ear smile and I turn into all kinds of negative whatevers. Whatever.

He's talked to her, and she doesn't care.

Quoting stickyfingers:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BekahBrownEyes
by NoLies on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Pathetic....and wrong in a million ways. She is a Selfish cow.
Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:40 PM
Its a lot different. Its family. I wouldnt let the little one go.

Quoting lilbit04:

Why are you pissed? Not trying to bash but would it be any different if it were a friend fr school and your other child didn't invited?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)