Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Both or none, I think this is messed up.

Posted by   + Show Post

SO's niece is having a bday party today at chuck e cheese.

Only SO's son (my youngest) is invited, SO is dropping him off at his sister's house, and 4yo (from my ex) was not even mentioned.

Ass backwards.

Fucked up.

I'm pissed.

ETA:

My son with my ex is 4. Our son is 9mos. We live together. SO is like a father to my oldest. His family knows this. SO and I have been together for 3 years, with a year and a half roughly together pre-baby.

My creator made me strong enough to withstand any fear, terror, or trauma.
My creator gave me the will to fight for any and everything I love.
Yet, my creator made me soft enough to have love and compassion. 
I'm still standing, on my own two feet.
I was born into this world to fight, and it's painful, but I am accepting of the challenge.

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Replies (41-50):
afwifeandmommy3
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:06 AM
The child is hers

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

Ehh you said SO which leads me to believe you are not married.

I don't think I would invite my brothers girlfriends child either. I don't like people randomly coming in and out I my kids life.

Also do y'all have his DS full time? Would it make a difference did the party was on a weekend when his DS was with his mom?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:07 AM
Both or none.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:07 AM
I don't see the issue. The 4yo is not related to your SO's niece and your not married so your SO's sibling has no obligation to invite your kid from your ex!
beerebelly
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Oh I get it now with the ages. How old is the birthday kid? It does seem ridiculous they invited a 9 mo old and not a 4 year old.

SB2217
I wouldn't send anyone. That is just plain rude. It doesn't matter if your other kid is not your SO's, if you invite one sibling you inviten them ALL, regardless if they are half siblings or even step siblings. I'd tell your SO and his sister that your kid is not going because its going to make your other kid feel bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hp2011
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Quoting MissLoveLyfe:

Are you upset at so for not standing up for his other son?

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting lilbit04:

Why are you pissed? Not trying to bash but would it be any different if it were a friend fr school and your other child didn't invited?

because SO is like a father to my oldest. oldest's father is not in the picture.

SO's family knows this.

tbh, i don't even think he has noticed the blatant shafting of my older son. i'm about to bring it to light.

9mo will go to the party, and i'll mention it to SO when the time is right later on today when the kids aren't around.

I was born into this world to fight, and it's painful, but I am accepting of the challenge.

kimberlee0220
My family has always included my SD in everything. That is how the would have wanted my stepmom's to have treated my when I was a kid. It's both or none in this house. We would all go do something together instead.
hp2011
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Quoting beerebelly:

Oh I get it now with the ages. How old is the birthday kid? It does seem ridiculous they invited a 9 mo old and not a 4 year old.

bday girl is 10

KissMySkittles
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Thats not right 

Mommy4two
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:09 AM

He should be considered family not an outsider... what the hell is the 9 month old going to do???

Quoting lilbit04:

Why are you pissed? Not trying to bash but would it be any different if it were a friend fr school and your other child didn't invited?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN