Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can anyone prove there is a God?

Posted by   + Show Post

Can anyone prove to me there is a God, and that he answers prayers? That jesus was real and that heaven is real? Or that hell is real? Sometimes I believe but sometimes I think it is all just something people came up with to make ourselves feel better.

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:17 AM
I struggle with this too. I go back and forth between wanting to believe so badly it hurts, and thinking the whole thing is a crock.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Yes, I believe so.  I could be dead or in a wheel chair for the rest of my life...but, i am happy and healthy and walking.  Prayer does work, miracles do happen.  There is a GOD.

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:17 AM

me living is all the proof i need.

Oostera
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Can you prove there isn't?

Actually, historians believe that Jesus was a real person because He appears in so many historical writings.

ARmommy2912
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:19 AM
2 moms liked this

its like breathing.. can you see the air? No... but you know its there... Same for chrisitans.. We can't see him but we have faith and know he is there.

schatzi869
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:20 AM
I believe in God, but I don't know that his existence can necessarily be proven. I don't question his existence though. My uncle was in a bad motorcycle accident and almost died. He swears he saw Jesus next to him when he awoke from his coma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaimieLynn8
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:20 AM
3 moms liked this

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blues_pagan
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:20 AM

PS, I have had a near death experience and in that I didn't see heaven, angels or God standing by.  what I did see aligns well with my Pagan beliefs (I kept hearing a voice tell to just go to sleep and all would be well and I saw my deceased grandfather standing at the ER door watching me).  What I do remember from the incident only solidified my own personal spiritual beliefs.

ARmommy2912
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:20 AM

and if you believe in him you believe in his word.. which is the Bible. and you believe all things in it which tells you about a heaven and a hell

blues_pagan
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:21 AM

But you can prove that the air exists since the molecules can be seen under a microscope and you can see the air do thing like make trees move.  Same can't be said for the Christian God.

Quoting ARmommy2912:

its like breathing.. can you see the air? No... but you know its there... Same for chrisitans.. We can't see him but we have faith and know he is there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)