Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can anyone prove there is a God?

Posted by   + Show Post

Can anyone prove to me there is a God, and that he answers prayers? That jesus was real and that heaven is real? Or that hell is real? Sometimes I believe but sometimes I think it is all just something people came up with to make ourselves feel better.

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Replies (31-40):
SB2217
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:25 AM
No one can prove it and no one can disprove it. Having faith is believing in something even when there's no proof.
I believe there is a God because I just don't think this amazing world was just one big coincidence. That it simply JUST happened. We are too perfect. The way our bodies are made, the way everything in the world is there for a reason and how it all works together to keep balance, its just too perfect, too well thought of to be just a coincidence.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kde216
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

There are several books where people have gone to either Heaven or Hell and came back to life. I also know someone who didn't write a book but went to Heaven and came back. She had never even heard of the books and her story/experience was much like the people in the books'.

My daughter had a seizure after her 2 year old vaccines. She went into a coma and her doctors told us she wouldn't make it and if she did she'd be severely brain damaged. 4 years later you'd never know she had that seizure and she's never had another. On the ride home from the hospital, she told me that God told her she'd be okay.

That is heart warming. Beforehand did you ever discuss God with her? Did she know who he was?
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes. Look at the odds that my daughter that was given to be wheel chair bound by 5. She still walks most of the time. Look at the odds that my child would need her shoulders guard to her ribs by 7, she's 8 and it hasn't happened yet. She still eats and drinks alone.

Her muscular dystrophy, the two forms she has are progressive but God, the one you ask us to prove his existence, he has kept them at bay. He protects her every day. He shelters her and holds her. It is only by the grace of the Good Lord that she is as healthy as she is.

By the grace of the Good Lord that at 8 she could have pneumonia over 20 times and never been hospitalized.

He walks with us every day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mariesmama
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:27 AM

jesus was real there are several references to him that arent in the bible i also beleive this world is too ordered to be random

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:27 AM
Here's something else. My 7 year old nephew went into the hospital about 6-7 months ago (cant remember exactly how long ago) with severe back pain. He had 2 tumors on one kidney that had ruptured and were bleeding into his stomach. They weren't even sure he'd make it through the night or the surgery. Now he just finished chemotherapy and is currently in remission.
Mackenzie40
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:28 AM

I am not aware of any proof that a tomb containing THE "Jesus" has been found or proven to be his. 

Got a link ?

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Well they have found jesus's tomb, as well as joseph and marys...as far as proving he hears prayers...well im.here and alive and not one single doctor can believe I'm alive and not brain dead...and I was on church prayer lists in many states (family all over) I was given last rights three times, and been resuscitated all three times...here I sit. My entire family believes...and doctors just say "someone was looking out for you thats for sure"

kde216
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Call it silly but I don't really believe. I feel if I let God in that that raises the chances of having to accept the opposite end: evil. Scary.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Not really. I wasn't very religious and it wasn't until I became desperate that I just sat there in the hospital begging God not to take my daughter from me.

Quoting kde216:

Quoting Anonymous:

There are several books where people have gone to either Heaven or Hell and came back to life. I also know someone who didn't write a book but went to Heaven and came back. She had never even heard of the books and her story/experience was much like the people in the books'.

My daughter had a seizure after her 2 year old vaccines. She went into a coma and her doctors told us she wouldn't make it and if she did she'd be severely brain damaged. 4 years later you'd never know she had that seizure and she's never had another. On the ride home from the hospital, she told me that God told her she'd be okay.

That is heart warming. Beforehand did you ever discuss God with her? Did she know who he was?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

We don't have to.  The burden of proof lies with the person making the claim.

Quoting Anonymous:

... can anyone prove that there isn't a God?

ARmommy2912
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:29 AM

It's faith.. thats all i have left to say...

Quoting blues_pagan:

LOL what? 

Quoting ARmommy2912:

but do you have faith when you wake up the next day its going to be there so you can breath? 

Quoting blues_pagan:

But you can prove that the air exists since the molecules can be seen under a microscope and you can see the air do thing like make trees move.  Same can't be said for the Christian God.

Quoting ARmommy2912:

its like breathing.. can you see the air? No... but you know its there... Same for chrisitans.. We can't see him but we have faith and know he is there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured