Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

trapped in my bedroom!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
So my dh got a job yesterday, and had to go out of state immediately, leaving my 1 year old and I alone. Problem is, his best friend was coming to stay with us for the weekend, and his phone was off so we couldnt get ahold of him to tell him not to come. When he finally got here last night, I told him dh was gone, but that he was still welcome to stay ( what was I supposed to do, tell him, no sorry you just drove 9 hours, turn around and go back). . .

Anyways, so now it is 10 o clock in the morning, he is still asleep on my couch, and I have basically spent the last 4 hours trying to quietly entertain my 1 year old in my bedroom. I am really starting to regret my whole "tvs are bad for the bedroom" belief. Uggg... Part of me wants to go wake him up, or at least just go start doing what I would normally be doing and let him wake up to it, but then I figure A: he got here super late after driving all day, and could probably really use the sleep and B: when he does wake up I am going to have to socialize and "entertain" him which feels awkward without dh, so I should avoid waking him for as long as possible.

It is going to be a long weekend. . .
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:11 PM

It is your house. You have to care for your child. Do what you gotta do, he is in your home, if he was at a hotel check out time is at a specific time and he'd have to be up and out of there.

Tesserae
by Mrs.Mellark on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Get dressed and go out to breakfast or something.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I know, but I feel like if I wake him, then I am just starting the awkwardness earlier than I have too. I know I am being dumb lol

Quoting Thelmama:

It is your house. You have to care for your child. Do what you gotta do, he is in your home, if he was at a hotel check out time is at a specific time and he'd have to be up and out of there.

KME3
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Or he stayed so he could get some sleep and then head back out... tell him you had made plans with whomever and leave lol..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof3smoochies
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Just go on with your daily routine. That's pretty rude of him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
D.O.E.
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

when dh's best friend  used to come over, i would send my kids to jump on him in the morning and get his ass up.

because i am nice like that.

i fucking HATE people sleeping on my couch. with a PASSION.

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Nah, not dumb. But you don't have to entertain him either.  He is a grown man, an invited guest of your dh.  Tell him you've got plans and then go to the park are window shopping or anything to get you out of the house. I am not sure what I'd do in that situation. Let him have the remote, get your baby playing and do stuff on the computer or household stuff etc.  

Quoting Anonymous:

I know, but I feel like if I wake him, then I am just starting the awkwardness earlier than I have too. I know I am being dumb lol

Quoting Thelmama:

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Oh and he shouldn't expect you to entertain him. He is a grown man.  

BekkieBoodle
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:16 PM
It's your house. Do what you normally do :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:17 PM
When this happened to me I just got me and the kid dressed and went outside and played for awhile just take a sheet lay it in the grass and enjoy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)