Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

trapped in my bedroom!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So my dh got a job yesterday, and had to go out of state immediately, leaving my 1 year old and I alone. Problem is, his best friend was coming to stay with us for the weekend, and his phone was off so we couldnt get ahold of him to tell him not to come. When he finally got here last night, I told him dh was gone, but that he was still welcome to stay ( what was I supposed to do, tell him, no sorry you just drove 9 hours, turn around and go back). . .

Anyways, so now it is 10 o clock in the morning, he is still asleep on my couch, and I have basically spent the last 4 hours trying to quietly entertain my 1 year old in my bedroom. I am really starting to regret my whole "tvs are bad for the bedroom" belief. Uggg... Part of me wants to go wake him up, or at least just go start doing what I would normally be doing and let him wake up to it, but then I figure A: he got here super late after driving all day, and could probably really use the sleep and B: when he does wake up I am going to have to socialize and "entertain" him which feels awkward without dh, so I should avoid waking him for as long as possible.

It is going to be a long weekend. . .
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:07 PM
Replies (11-16):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:17 PM
I thought about that, but do I leave a note or what? I feel like it is rude to just leave

Quoting Tesserae:

Get dressed and go out to breakfast or something.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:18 PM
I wouldn't care I would just do what I do normally. My husnand's BFF would get up and help me!
Sunshine257
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:19 PM
I don't like people sleeping on my couch so I would go on about my day. We have a guest bedroom but guests either choose to sleep in my sons room or on the couch lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tesserae
by Mrs.Mellark on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Yeah, leave a note saying ," went out to breakfast so you could sleep in. Be back soon".

Quoting Anonymous:

I thought about that, but do I leave a note or what? I feel like it is rude to just leave

Quoting Tesserae:

Get dressed and go out to breakfast or something.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Lmao my kids did that to my husbands best friend only they woke him up with a plastic hammer to the face. We woke up to him wrestling with the kids I'm still not sure how he managed to not beat them I can guarantee had someone's kid woke me up like that I'd start swinging before I even realized wth happened.

Quoting D.O.E.:

when dh's best friend  used to come over, i would send my kids to jump on him in the morning and get his ass up.

because i am nice like that.

i fucking HATE people sleeping on my couch. with a PASSION.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:22 PM
We just downsized, so we dont have a guest bedroom anymore :( I would have had him sleep in my sons room, but it was like midnight when he got here, and I was super tired, and didnt wanna risk waking the baby by moving him out of his room lol

Quoting Sunshine257:

I don't like people sleeping on my couch so I would go on about my day. We have a guest bedroom but guests either choose to sleep in my sons room or on the couch lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN