Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I spent my food stamps on........

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
What do you think? Do you think parents who receive food stamps should buy food that's healthy for their family or shop for cheap food to save money? Whole foods or Walmart? Please no negative comments just facts and opinions, if possible can someone compare a budget 365 products verses great value??

For all those who are saying this subject is like beating a dead horse,
#one ppl are always complaining about what a family can or should buy, Now your mad if someone post about what grocery store offer healthier options.
I see nothing wrong with a few sweets, and no this has not been posted...
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:35 PM
Replies (41-43):
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Uhm, I think they should be allowed to buy whatever the hell they want!

got2monsters
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:15 PM
I shopped Walmart when I recieved fs and I still shop there because they are cheapest. I am able to buy healthy food for an affordable tab. We have several other chain stores around and Walmart is by far the cheapest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Athena410
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Newly divorced. I have food stamps for the time being. And I budget, and follow sales. I set aside a bit for whole foods, and each store I frequent. I generally don't buy junk because that's taking advantage I feel. I give in and get the occasional frozen pizza if I work a double or something. But if I want my phish food ice cream I use my cash. It's cheaper to bake goodies anyway.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)