Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I spent my food stamps on........

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
What do you think? Do you think parents who receive food stamps should buy food that's healthy for their family or shop for cheap food to save money? Whole foods or Walmart? Please no negative comments just facts and opinions, if possible can someone compare a budget 365 products verses great value??

For all those who are saying this subject is like beating a dead horse,
#one ppl are always complaining about what a family can or should buy, Now your mad if someone post about what grocery store offer healthier options.
I see nothing wrong with a few sweets, and no this has not been posted...
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:35 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:46 PM
Ok so whole paycheck is too expensive, and Walmart too corporate, ok what stores do you recommend?

Quoting epoh:

Walmart is a corporate hungry pig and whole paycheck is ridiculously priced.

Quoting Anonymous:

Can you add more stores, so they can have better options. I need more stores to post, why do whole foods and Walmart suck? I personally have read ppl post good things about both stores.

Quoting epoh:

Whole Foods and Walmart are both sucky options.

I demand more choices.

tinkerspell
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:46 PM
I have seen this post before
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Healthier foods vs just whatever to feed the family. We do healthier options.

deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Here it is plus I work at krogers so I get a 10% discount and the gas points are nice.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok so krogers is more affordable?

Quoting deadlights86:

I won't shop at WalMart to much they are more expensive than the Kroger's next door.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:48 PM

I DONT WORK, AND YET, I DONT GET FOODSTAMPS!   IMAGINE THAT!!!

epoh
by The Enzyme Helicase on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:49 PM
Idk. I don't really know all the chains or local stores that most people prefer. I shop at a local place and the farmer's market on occasion.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok so whole paycheck is too expensive, and Walmart too corporate, ok what stores do you recommend?

Quoting epoh:

Walmart is a corporate hungry pig and whole paycheck is ridiculously priced.

Quoting Anonymous:

Can you add more stores, so they can have better options. I need more stores to post, why do whole foods and Walmart suck? I personally have read ppl post good things about both stores.

Quoting epoh:

Whole Foods and Walmart are both sucky options.

I demand more choices.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I'm on food stamps and yes I shop at Whole Foods it's directly behind my apartment so right there, I'm saving my gas. Do I buy their steaks and meats? A majority of the time no. But I have a few times questioned about their meat and the butcher would give me a pound free. I do purchase a lot of my noodles, rice, and other products there which are healthier imo. There have been a couple of times where I haven't even used all the money on my card while shopping at Whole Foods. I buy what is necessary, I don't buy junk food or food that I know will just sit for months and my number on rule is to use coupons. I'm a single mom of two kids, no child support, working two jobs and going to school. I needed help, but I am in no way taking advantage of what was given to me I appreciate every single penny the state has helped me with. And as soon as I'm done with school and have a job, then you can bet the first thing I do is cancel my food stamps.

theresaphilly
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Food they can afford; Walmart, Target or their local grocery store

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:00 PM
So only cheap stores, nothing healthy???

Quoting theresaphilly:

Food they can afford; Walmart, Target or their local grocery store

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:05 PM

who cares, they're losers anyhow... why would I give a rats ass what they eat..... ?? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)