Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't believe I'm admitting this :(

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My confession is when my baby was born I never had that overwhelming love for him. I had an emergency c/s I was so drowsy on drugs. The first time I saw him I just said "oh" I just saw another baby, he didn't feel like mine. I felt even worse when i saw SO crying. he was so in love and i wanted so bad to feel that.I never had ppd though I had the baby blues for about 3 days until he actually slept 6 hours straight. He's 6 months now and I have grown to love him very much. He makes me happy. I still don't feel like I have that connection other moms have with their kids though. I think once he's more independent I might. I just feel like such a failure of a mother. I would do anything for my son but I'm still quite selfish and I hate it. I just want that overwhelming love everyone seems to have.
That's my confession :/
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:45 PM
I have they said its normal and only something time can fix.

Quoting jcm28:

Maybe you should talk to someone

ripemango
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

if you love some1, it doesn't matter how others choose to express it. it only matters what you feel inside. we all express our emotions differently.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

Wydowness
by Kusabi on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Don't worry I was like that when DD was born. Dh was emotional and teary. I just wanted to eat, I was starving xD
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I gave vaginal birth. He only took 4 hours to be born from start of labor to his birth and I still didn't feel a instant bond and even to this day (10yrs later) we have a hard time bonding. You are not alone.

MrsFlores_2006
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Maybe he got switch and nobody noticed...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daughteroftruth
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:20 PM

lol.. oh, that is not as uncommon as you think!  First off, as humans, we are selfish. Period, end of story.  I know their are those "perfect" mothers.. who claim to never get angry, tiered and sacrifice every ounce of energy for their kids... but in real life,all moms get frustrated.  IF all moms were honest, most would admit that there are nights where we say things we don't mean, or yell even though it does no good.  Just because you became a mother, doesn't mean you supposed to be perfect.  

Yes he couldn't understand. And yes, yelling at him didn't do an ounce of good, but I think most moms will admit to loosing their cool after several nights of broken sleep.  Even the most patient person in the world has their limits.  

That isn't selfish, its you loosing your cool, and most moms do it.  So come one, really?  how are you selfish?  

Quoting Anonymous:

Last night for example I was exhausted and baby would not stop crying no matter what. I raised my voice a few times telling him it was time for bed. I have more but I just felt so bad for doing that when he couldn't understand.

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Why do you feel your selfish?

daughteroftruth
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:23 PM

It is, many mother go through this, and you already said it, you love your son.  I think that some moms overplay this "connection" they have with their kids.  Its not some magical connection that makes them a better parent, its just how they are in general.  I don't bond well with people. I have a few close circle I bond with and I will bond deeply with them, everyone else can expect to be kept at arms length, and its going to take time for those who get close to me, for me to truly bond with... 

Quoting Anonymous:

I have they said its normal and only something time can fix.

Quoting jcm28:

Maybe you should talk to someone

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:25 PM
From what I understand it's common in women who have had a c-sec.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Totally common. With my second, I knew I loved her but the "bonding" thing took a good couple of months to happen. I beat myself up over it too, but it's normal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:28 PM
How would he get switched? It's not like the olden days when they had nurseries now those are creepy. After my c/s they put him on my bed and wheeled me back to my room where he never once left.

Quoting MrsFlores_2006:

Maybe he got switch and nobody noticed...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)