Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Step Mom VS Step Dad

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Whats the difference between a step mom and a step dad? The bio moms always tend to slander the step moms. rarely, but does happen, that the step dads get slandered by the bio dads. But why so much hatred towards step moms when step dads are doing the same thing? Step parents are just that. Parents by marriage. A parent is someone who loves and care for a child and helps to raise them.  a step dad does the same thing as a step mom.

Is it because women are more emotional? or is it the "golden uterus syndrome"? I pushed the child out of my vagina, I'm the only woman who will parent them?

Why cant we all get along for the sake of the children?

(except in other instances where yes, the other household is unstable, then the bitching is warranted.)

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Replies (31-39):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:05 PM

women notice more things, and they're usually the ones, who take care of the kids.

Women tend to be more in competition. You won't hear a dad snicker about what sf wore, or how he looks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Ds' bio dad bashes his "step dad"..... we aren't married, aren't together anymore. Ds doesn't call him dad really (I mean sometimes he does, but that's the only guy he's known)..... I don't understand it. I know why bio dad does tho- he's pissed that he missed out and doesn't get that 'dad' title. Not my fault. Even now, ds has a better relationship with my ex than his bio dad... not for the lack of trying on my part, my son's part and even my ex's part.

The new girl that bio dad has- even though it won't last long- I'll never bash her. She seems really nice and from what I've seen, I like her.
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Women are more controlling over the kids.
They are more controlling period
They dont like to admit to it, but its true.

Sometimes they just dont get, hes an ex and is no longer under your thumb.
Hes moved on and that means you move on too.

I just dont understand the thinking of living in misery if you really dont have to, by making his life miserable too. Especially when hes found someone new and is moving on.
smurfbitebug
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Yeah you would think, but joint custody and custodial stepmoms get plenty of hate.

Quoting happy-go-lucky:

Because it is assumed that the bio mom and step dad are the primary parents. So the dad and step mom are less important. And that the step dad has all the normal fatherhood rights because he is with the kids a lot, but a step mom is just interfering because the cant know the kids as well as the bio mom does.
reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:16 PM

It's totally the golden uterus syndrome. Women in general feel they are the only parent that matters, and the only one who gets any say because they are the one who carried and had the child, regardless to if they are really the best parent or not. It pisses me off. I let my ex have custody of our son when he was 5 because I knew at the time he was the best. It hurt like hell but it was what was best for our son.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Eh, I hear crap from DD's dad... All these things mentioned about replacing him blah blah... X still will NOT interact with DH AT ALL. Only thing he's ever done was text him one day at the beginning of out relationship. Has NEVER spoken to him face to face. I've been with DH four years now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:20 PM

I don't like the term step parent. My dh is technically my dd step dad but he is her dad in every single way. growing up i never called my step parent step mom or dad. I called them my mom husband or my dad wife. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 23, 2013 at 10:48 PM

you'll never hear a step dad bitch cause bd looked better than him, is too fat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Nov. 23, 2013 at 10:50 PM
step dads are widely more accepted by step kids then step moms, most statistics will show this.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN