Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just got a knock on my door.... Interesting

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Ds was outside playing. He was across the street playing with some friends. Ds is 5.5. We live in a very safe neighborhood where all the kids play kickball and baseball in the street. Plus I could still see ds out of the window and I checked on him every few minutes. He was outside with a few other kids. I went to put some cloths away and I heard a knock on the door a few minutes later. I go and it's one of the parents from down the street with his ds who is about 10-11 and my ds. Apparently ds beat the crap out if his ds. Ds punched him in the nose a good one cause he was bleeding. I asked ds what happened. It's not like ds to act this way and he's normally a laid back kid who wants to be everyone's friend.
Ds said the other boy was pushing a girl and took her ball an threw it in the pond. Ds said he tried to stop the boy cause he was still pushing the girl and that's when the boy pushed ds he fell and cut his arm. ( shows me his arm is bleeding) so that's when ds said he was goin to tell ad the boy grabbed him so ds punched him in the nose and wrestled him to the ground. And then out comes the boys father.
I told the dad I didn't see the problem. He started in with " my ds is bleeding" I told him his ds was picking on little kids and put his hands on my ds twice. I said my ds is 5.5 yours is 10-11 and twice the size of ds. Who's the bully?? Not my ds. It's not my problem my ds kicked your kids ass be being a bully. He was defending himself and a little girl and he tried to come get me for help and your ds grabbed him. Again I don't see the problem and I shut the door. Now I'm getting ds a bandaid for his cut and getting him some ice cream for doing the right thing. He stuck for a girl and tried to come get help and when this bully grabbed him he punched him. He did exactly what he should of done. He didn't automactily turn to violence he tried to get help first. I'm proud of ds.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Replies (11-20):
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:21 PM
Wow. Good job to your son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:21 PM
I would keep my eyes on him near that pond.
kymom23
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I'm proud of your ds too!! Way to go!!!

Nerdy_Mama
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Awesome!! **Long distance high five for your kid**

504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Good boy you got mama!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellysparkles
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:23 PM

I was thinking the same thing - he stood up for the little girl :)

Quoting Tink0711:

Wow! That's some little gentleman you're raising there!

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Good Job Mom......

Give the HERO 2 ice creams

Animated banner with a ghost says Have a Spooky Halloween                                          

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this
He's 5. He did his best. He thought it was more important to get the girl out of harms way first. I agree. We don't condone violence at all. We always tell our kids it is only to be used as a last resort.

Quoting marinenonstop:

I normally dont condone violence..but in this situation it seems your son was provoked and defending himself. Bravo for him for recognizing bullying and taking a stand. Maybe next time with a much older child he should just immediately try to get an adult before trying to diffuse the situation alone. I wouldn't punish him.

got2monsters
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:24 PM
Way to go ds! And way to go mom, ur raising a good kid! Good job mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:24 PM
It's fenced off but I still keep an eye on him. You just never know.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would keep my eyes on him near that pond.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN