Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just got a knock on my door.... Interesting

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Ds was outside playing. He was across the street playing with some friends. Ds is 5.5. We live in a very safe neighborhood where all the kids play kickball and baseball in the street. Plus I could still see ds out of the window and I checked on him every few minutes. He was outside with a few other kids. I went to put some cloths away and I heard a knock on the door a few minutes later. I go and it's one of the parents from down the street with his ds who is about 10-11 and my ds. Apparently ds beat the crap out if his ds. Ds punched him in the nose a good one cause he was bleeding. I asked ds what happened. It's not like ds to act this way and he's normally a laid back kid who wants to be everyone's friend.
Ds said the other boy was pushing a girl and took her ball an threw it in the pond. Ds said he tried to stop the boy cause he was still pushing the girl and that's when the boy pushed ds he fell and cut his arm. ( shows me his arm is bleeding) so that's when ds said he was goin to tell ad the boy grabbed him so ds punched him in the nose and wrestled him to the ground. And then out comes the boys father.
I told the dad I didn't see the problem. He started in with " my ds is bleeding" I told him his ds was picking on little kids and put his hands on my ds twice. I said my ds is 5.5 yours is 10-11 and twice the size of ds. Who's the bully?? Not my ds. It's not my problem my ds kicked your kids ass be being a bully. He was defending himself and a little girl and he tried to come get me for help and your ds grabbed him. Again I don't see the problem and I shut the door. Now I'm getting ds a bandaid for his cut and getting him some ice cream for doing the right thing. He stuck for a girl and tried to come get help and when this bully grabbed him he punched him. He did exactly what he should of done. He didn't automactily turn to violence he tried to get help first. I'm proud of ds.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Replies (41-50):
baquick
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:38 PM
I was just thinking that!

Quoting MusicMuse1991:

nice kid you got there. maybe chivalry isn't dead after all

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiffanydearing
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:38 PM

great job little man (: u should b a proud mama!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:39 PM
This stuff is unheard of lately. Good for you and your son!!
Susan0805
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Good..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyjenn29
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:40 PM

I wouldn't ground him,he did a good thing!!.The 10 year old wont mess with your son anymore or the little girl:)

trebelcleff
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:42 PM

That's exactly what I've told my oldest (about the same age) to do.  The other kid tried to prevent him from getting help, so he had every right to do whatever it took to get away from the kid so he could go get help.  It's too bad you didn't see it happen though (and that's not meant to be a stab at you at all!)... I know sometimes my kids embellish a bit on the story (not intentionally, it's just that everything seems so much more "colorful" to young kiddos).

sarah427
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:42 PM
He handled it just right. He defended the little girl, attempted to walk away from confrontation, and defended himself when it became necessary. Good job IMO!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:43 PM
I'm really happy that you're teaching him to stick up for others :) Great job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:43 PM
What's rmr

Quoting Anonymous:

RMR!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:45 PM
When I was 5 me and my half sister(5 months younger) were playing and this 14-15 year old was being a jerk to us. My sister tripped him and I kicked him in the face. Later he showed up with his dad. He told our moms what happened. They just pointed to us. His dad apologized and they left. We were very close and you didn't fuck with us:-)

He did the right thing!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)