Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Single mothers **Edited**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
If you are a single mother, how did you come to be a single mother? Did your child's father leave? Did you leave your child's father? Did the father pass away? Did you get pregnant during a one night stand? Did you get pregnant via in vetro fertilization while you were single? In vetro while in a homosexual relationship and you and your s/o split up? Were you raped? Did you adopt? Was it a completely different circumstance?

Please only respond sincerely and do not bash. I am simply curious and I will not condone bashing. And obviously, only respond if you are comfortable doing so.

**Edit**
I just want to say that I am so happy that so many of you have been able to overcome your hardships. It's makes me very sad to see how many women are or have struggled in the past. I am blown away by the love and courage that you are showing your children. I respect you all more than I can begin to express in a mommy forum. I will try to keep up with the replies, but as I am getting a large number of responses so quickly, I apologize if I don't get back to you in a timely manner.
Thank you all for being such an inspiration of love and hope to our younger generations.
<3

**Edited again**

First I want to say, thank you all for the overwhelming response to this post.. Thank you for sharing your stories and inspiring so many..
As I stated previously in the response section, my overall goals in this post were to 1) shed some light on the plights and struggles of so many mothers, 2) hopefully show people that no matter what situation they find themselves in there is always hope, sometimes it's just very hard to see, 3) to hopefully show people that people really do care--even an anon that you may not know personally--there is always someone out there pulling for you and hoping that you can overcome whatever tragedy you may find yourself in and go on to find what makes YOU happy, 4) to possibly help someone in need who is struggling right now and needs some inspiring stories to help them find their own courage, 5) and lastly to ask women who have gone through and survived divorce, domestic violence, rape, etc. what resources were useful and what were lacking.

I know that I won't possibly be able to respond to everyone, but I would really appreciate any advice or direction on how other citizens could help build and better the resources currently available.

Thank you again for sharing your stories.. I have a very deep respect for single mothers, the courage and detetmination that so many of you have truly is an inspiration. You are an inspiration to us all and I sincerely hope you all go on to find peace and happiness in your lives.

Thanks again! <3
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Replies (741-742):
Fyrestar68
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Thank you, my DF and I are planning on getting married on July 20th of whatever year he gets back and are expecting our 2nd child together. We will have a family of 5 by March. I'm ecstatic. I've had so many blessings and look forward to enjoying them. :-) Thank you for the encouraging words.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Fyrestar68:

I left his father when my son was 1 years old. He was a drug dealer, a cocaine user, and always used profanity. I did not want my son growing up around that. And I'm glad we left, my son is now 12 years old, attends a Catholic school, gets straight A's and is now looking at prestigious Catholic High Schools. His father, although he did get help for his cocaine use, has not stopped the other stuff...I found someone that loves us, is in the military, and has helped raise my son from the age of 6. My son considers him his father and loves him considerably! I was blessed that God gave me the strength and smarts to save money months BEFORE I left and He put this fantastic man in my life.

Aww momma, I'm so glad you're doing well! I'm very glad that you got out and were able to find someone who deserves to be with you and who loves you and your son. God bless momma, I hope there is much more happiness in store for you.. :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:04 AM
That's wonderful news!! Congratulations!!!
May God continue to bestow such wonderful blessings upon you and your family.. :)

Quoting Fyrestar68:

Thank you, my DF and I are planning on getting married on July 20th of whatever year he gets back and are expecting our 2nd child together. We will have a family of 5 by March. I'm ecstatic. I've had so many blessings and look forward to enjoying them. :-) Thank you for the encouraging words.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Fyrestar68:

I left his father when my son was 1 years old. He was a drug dealer, a cocaine user, and always used profanity. I did not want my son growing up around that. And I'm glad we left, my son is now 12 years old, attends a Catholic school, gets straight A's and is now looking at prestigious Catholic High Schools. His father, although he did get help for his cocaine use, has not stopped the other stuff...I found someone that loves us, is in the military, and has helped raise my son from the age of 6. My son considers him his father and loves him considerably! I was blessed that God gave me the strength and smarts to save money months BEFORE I left and He put this fantastic man in my life.

Aww momma, I'm so glad you're doing well! I'm very glad that you got out and were able to find someone who deserves to be with you and who loves you and your son. God bless momma, I hope there is much more happiness in store for you.. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)