Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Single mothers **Edited**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
If you are a single mother, how did you come to be a single mother? Did your child's father leave? Did you leave your child's father? Did the father pass away? Did you get pregnant during a one night stand? Did you get pregnant via in vetro fertilization while you were single? In vetro while in a homosexual relationship and you and your s/o split up? Were you raped? Did you adopt? Was it a completely different circumstance?

Please only respond sincerely and do not bash. I am simply curious and I will not condone bashing. And obviously, only respond if you are comfortable doing so.

**Edit**
I just want to say that I am so happy that so many of you have been able to overcome your hardships. It's makes me very sad to see how many women are or have struggled in the past. I am blown away by the love and courage that you are showing your children. I respect you all more than I can begin to express in a mommy forum. I will try to keep up with the replies, but as I am getting a large number of responses so quickly, I apologize if I don't get back to you in a timely manner.
Thank you all for being such an inspiration of love and hope to our younger generations.
<3

**Edited again**

First I want to say, thank you all for the overwhelming response to this post.. Thank you for sharing your stories and inspiring so many..
As I stated previously in the response section, my overall goals in this post were to 1) shed some light on the plights and struggles of so many mothers, 2) hopefully show people that no matter what situation they find themselves in there is always hope, sometimes it's just very hard to see, 3) to hopefully show people that people really do care--even an anon that you may not know personally--there is always someone out there pulling for you and hoping that you can overcome whatever tragedy you may find yourself in and go on to find what makes YOU happy, 4) to possibly help someone in need who is struggling right now and needs some inspiring stories to help them find their own courage, 5) and lastly to ask women who have gone through and survived divorce, domestic violence, rape, etc. what resources were useful and what were lacking.

I know that I won't possibly be able to respond to everyone, but I would really appreciate any advice or direction on how other citizens could help build and better the resources currently available.

Thank you again for sharing your stories.. I have a very deep respect for single mothers, the courage and detetmination that so many of you have truly is an inspiration. You are an inspiration to us all and I sincerely hope you all go on to find peace and happiness in your lives.

Thanks again! <3
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Replies (681-690):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:37 PM
Quoting mantyangel:

My ex had an affair with someone at his work.  He denied it up until he had paid for her abortion on our credit card.  After 15 years of marriage and 3 kids, we are now divorced.  Hardest thing I ever did, but we are doing ok.  I am glad to show my kids that no matter how much life kicks you when you are down, you can still pick yourself back up again.

I'm so sorry your xdh broke your trust like he did. I love what you're teaching your kids though, and leading by example is the best way to teach them. Congrats momma! You're doing great! :)
Many blessings to you and yours..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Quoting JamieRogers:

I left my boyfriend after I had my daughter because he was awful. He was a drunk a well as neglectful and spiteful. Just a hateful individual all around and I didn't want my daughter to be apart of that. He has seen my daughter a three times in the past 9 months and he never calls. She is better off without him I think and so am I.

I'm very glad you left momma! It sounds like you made the best choice for you and your daughter. Congrats momma, I hope you find your happiness.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Quoting twinsmom31:

Found out the father of my twins was a sex offender, a liar, and an all around sociopath.  If I never see him again that would be great!!!  He lives in GA and the twins and I live in MN and hope he stays there.  I am doing well and trying to save up enough money so me and my girls can move out of my parents home (Although they have been very helpful and supportive through out!)

Oh my goodness, how awful!! I'm so sorry momma.. I'm very glad you have a good support system. You're doing a great job momma! I hope you find your happiness.
talkberry
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 5:58 PM
I first became a single mother when I got pregnant at 17. My daughter's father was willing to marry me and stay but I was a scared teenager and unsure of myself. I eventually got married to the father of my youngest 2. After 10 years of marriage he wanted a divorce because I am chronically ill and unable to work. I hate doing it by myself but love being a mother to my 3 great kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pmccauley
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:23 PM
My son's father decided to wait until our son was born to tell me that he was married with 3 kids... Despite it all I tried to keep him in contact with my son so my son could know his father. He didn't want anything to do with him and volunteered to sign over his parental rights. We've since moved on and now I'm married with a step daughter and another daughter with my husband. My son calls dh daddy and we are saving up to do the adoption. It sucked for a while but things happen for a reason.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kitty2102
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:24 PM

I had my first, after my ex ran out on me (i was seven months pregnant), I haven't seen him since and she is almost 6.   After he left I was alone and vulnerable, I was raped, and now I have an almost 4 year old son with a cleft lip and palate!  

Jasuzha
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:32 PM
My son's father disappeared when I was nine weeks pregnant. I haven't seen or heard from him since.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:17 PM
Quoting Kitty2102:

I had my first, after my ex ran out on me (i was seven months pregnant), I haven't seen him since and she is almost 6.   After he left I was alone and vulnerable, I was raped, and now I have an almost 4 year old son with a cleft lip and palate!  

Oh my goodness momma.. I am so very sorry.. :(

I hope you have been able to find peace and hope you will be able to find happiness in your life..
Danielle17T
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:17 PM
Yes I'm definitely happy now I have an awesome little boy about to have my 2nd& I'll have help& a nice dad for both! I don't like to dwell on the past there's nothing we can do to change it of course things happen that hurt us but ya gotta move on!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Danielle17T:

I was rapped after drinking way to much he was trying to get me pregnant when he rapped me because he thought I'd b with him if I was pregnant he was obviously wrong I don't remember it happening just remember waking up w/o panties on then rite b4 my DS was born he told sum1 what happened& it got back to me

Oh momma, I am so sorry that you were raped.. I hope that you have been able to find peace and will be able to find happiness in your life..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:20 PM
Quoting pmccauley:

My son's father decided to wait until our son was born to tell me that he was married with 3 kids... Despite it all I tried to keep him in contact with my son so my son could know his father. He didn't want anything to do with him and volunteered to sign over his parental rights. We've since moved on and now I'm married with a step daughter and another daughter with my husband. My son calls dh daddy and we are saving up to do the adoption. It sucked for a while but things happen for a reason.

Oh momma, I'm so happy you've been able to move on and find happiness. It's also really great to know that you've been able to find a loving dh who deserves to be in your life and is happily willing to take your son as his own. It sounds like you have a wonderful accepting family. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)