Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

confession: I work a lot....But I can't stop

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

I know it doesn't seem like such a bad thing but

I work 50-60 hours a week and I take 16+units each quarter.  

So all in all if you add up the max I have to study/work it's 60+16+16*2 for homework.  so what?  that's 108 dedicated hours to school/work.  I have a science major so I can't even really cut corners.

Anywho...I'm tired as hell and wanted to complain to someone and I don't want to complain to anyone I know, I need to keep a happy face.  My step dads mom is dying, my mom is caring for her, my sons dad lost his job and even though we aren't together I'm paying his bills for the time being.  It's just, I feel like a robot and I can't enjoy life.  

I guess the best thing is I get an automatic promotion after I receive my degree, and that promotion doubles my already nice pay, so I can't complain too much, but until then, I am working my ass off.  And even then I have grad school so...meh  whatver

Feel free to vent about something on here....feel my pain...or just give encouraging words...have a great day ladies.  

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SamsMomSays
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:52 PM
Good for you for doing all the right things! And then some! And good for you for seeing the silver lining. Keep your chin up, mama! The sun will come out tomorrow and you'll be ahead of the game! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:52 PM
Good luck to you. This will pass and your success in the future will be chalked up to all the struggles in your past.
AF2011
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Good luck! It will be worth it at the end.

I used to work 80 hours a week (2 different jobs) and a full time student. I was getting really stressed but I had to do what I had to do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Did you have any kids at the time?  My relationship with my kid is lacking and I blame myself, but then again nothing will get better if I don't do what I am doing so it's like I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't.  

If you did have kids then, how did you make sure the relationship didn't lack?

Quoting AF2011:

Good luck! It will be worth it at the end.

I used to work 80 hours a week (2 different jobs) and a full time student. I was getting really stressed but I had to do what I had to do

norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:57 PM
This too shall pass... eventually!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)