Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child neglect??? HELP!!! (new title) EDIT

Okay, so I really need some help here. I agreed to babysit for a friend and when she brought her son over, his clothes, diaper, and shoes were al too small for him. He has a horrible rash on his cheeks and he smelled like he hasn't had a bath in weeks. I decided to give him a bath and put him in an old outfit I had around the house. While I was giving him a bath, I took notice that his foreskin was red and swollen. He's 5 months old. I have never bathed an uncircumcised baby before and I was wondering if that's normal at all. I'm shaking I'm so angry about everything else and I don't know what to do. Advice please?

ETA: How do I bring all of this up to her without sounding like a complete bitch? My heart aches for this little guy and these problems need to be taken care of but I don't want to completely ruin my friendship with his mother.

Edit again: I talked to my SO's mother who has dealt with 3 boys who were uncircumcised and I showed it to her to see what she would say. She said it's not normal at all and it needs to be looked at by a doctor immediately. As for the rash on his cheeks, she thinks it's ringworm. Thanks for every one's advice. I think I might be making a call to CPS...

UPDATE!!!! She just texted me and told me she's drunk. Calling CPS.

UPDATE AGAIN!!!! CPS is getting involved. I don't know any details yet though. I'm sure I'll hear about it at work. I'll continue to update as I hear more. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Last update (for now)!!!! CPS and the command are involved. That poor little boy will be well taken care of. Thanks again everyone who helped!

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Replies (11-20):
kansasmom1978
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:14 PM

She is neglecting the child. CPS should be called. To leave a child dirty and unbathed is wrong. 

TaughtTot
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:16 PM

lol, I had no idea how to spell it, just heard about it.  

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

Once I was done with my immature giggling at the name I HAD to look it up. It's balanitis. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001865/

Is he normally neglected? I might put the clothes down to being unable to afford new ones and help her find assistance. If he's regularly dirty, though, she needs some sense slapped into her - figuratively speaking, of course.

Quoting TaughtTot:

he could have ballinitis, sp? look it up 

One of the symptoms is a strong scent.  He will need to see a doctor but it is not uncommon for uncirc boys.

nataliesmom2012
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:17 PM

She has the money so that's not the issue. His onsie was two sizes too small for him and he has blisters all over his feet and ankles from his shoes being too small.

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

Once I was done with my immature giggling at the name I HAD to look it up. It's balanitis. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001865/

Is he normally neglected? I might put the clothes down to being unable to afford new ones and help her find assistance. If he's regularly dirty, though, she needs some sense slapped into her - figuratively speaking, of course.

Quoting TaughtTot:

he could have ballinitis, sp? look it up 

One of the symptoms is a strong scent.  He will need to see a doctor but it is not uncommon for uncirc boys.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this

You need to call CPS on that mom. Her baby is suffering.

MooBaaLaLaLa80
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:21 PM

This makes me sad.

GaleJ
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:21 PM

If you want to be her friend than sit down and tell her the truth and offer to help her learn to do better, both she and the baby deserve it. She may not know how to handle things or she may be depressed but if she won't try to improve than you should consider reporting her for the baby's sake.

daughteroftruth
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:23 PM

probably just irritated, does he have a diaper rash?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:24 PM
You either need to talk with her, can you offer her some help like watching the baby? Maybe she has PPD. Or call cps.
nataliesmom2012
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Me too... I just don't know how to handle this...

Quoting MooBaaLaLaLa80:

This makes me sad.

nataliesmom2012
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Nope, no diaper rash

Quoting daughteroftruth:

probably just irritated, does he have a diaper rash?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured