Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Child neglect??? HELP!!! (new title) EDIT

Okay, so I really need some help here. I agreed to babysit for a friend and when she brought her son over, his clothes, diaper, and shoes were al too small for him. He has a horrible rash on his cheeks and he smelled like he hasn't had a bath in weeks. I decided to give him a bath and put him in an old outfit I had around the house. While I was giving him a bath, I took notice that his foreskin was red and swollen. He's 5 months old. I have never bathed an uncircumcised baby before and I was wondering if that's normal at all. I'm shaking I'm so angry about everything else and I don't know what to do. Advice please?

ETA: How do I bring all of this up to her without sounding like a complete bitch? My heart aches for this little guy and these problems need to be taken care of but I don't want to completely ruin my friendship with his mother.

Edit again: I talked to my SO's mother who has dealt with 3 boys who were uncircumcised and I showed it to her to see what she would say. She said it's not normal at all and it needs to be looked at by a doctor immediately. As for the rash on his cheeks, she thinks it's ringworm. Thanks for every one's advice. I think I might be making a call to CPS...

UPDATE!!!! She just texted me and told me she's drunk. Calling CPS.

UPDATE AGAIN!!!! CPS is getting involved. I don't know any details yet though. I'm sure I'll hear about it at work. I'll continue to update as I hear more. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Last update (for now)!!!! CPS and the command are involved. That poor little boy will be well taken care of. Thanks again everyone who helped!

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:27 PM
3 moms liked this

this is why i am into circumcision.  

nataliesmom2012
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:27 PM

She acts perfectly normal at work all the time and she's very happy-go-lucky so I doubt it's PPD

Quoting Anonymous:

You either need to talk with her, can you offer her some help like watching the baby? Maybe she has PPD. Or call cps.

daughteroftruth
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:27 PM

may just want to let him have some nakie time just to make sure everything is dry down there.  IDk, I mean I have 4 intact boys, but never any swelling.  Redness yes, but that was during the times they found their penises and would keep playing with them.. I want to say that was anywhere from about 6mo to 18 mo.  

Quoting nataliesmom2012:

Nope, no diaper rash

Quoting daughteroftruth:

probably just irritated, does he have a diaper rash?  

BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:27 PM

I have no experience with uncirc'd boys. Poor kid :(

Bump!

nataliesmom2012
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Something about the swelling just didn't seem right to me.

Quoting daughteroftruth:

may just want to let him have some nakie time just to make sure everything is dry down there.  IDk, I mean I have 4 intact boys, but never any swelling.  Redness yes, but that was during the times they found their penises and would keep playing with them.. I want to say that was anywhere from about 6mo to 18 mo.  

Quoting nataliesmom2012:

Nope, no diaper rash

Quoting daughteroftruth:

nataliesmom2012
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Thanks for the bump!

Quoting BamaMommy2:

I have no experience with uncirc'd boys. Poor kid :(

Bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:29 PM
there is a group on here, raising intact boys, they will probably be able to answer your question, my son isn't circed, and we have never had any problems. About everything else, it sounds like she isnt taking very good care of this poor baby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:30 PM
Obviously something is wrong is her child is being neglected. Who watches the child while she works?

Quoting nataliesmom2012:

She acts perfectly normal at work all the time and she's very happy-go-lucky so I doubt it's PPD

Quoting Anonymous:

You either need to talk with her, can you offer her some help like watching the baby? Maybe she has PPD. Or call cps.

xixCandyxix
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:32 PM
Donate clothes to her that your kids outgrew maybe she will take the hint. Then bring up the rash and stuff in a few days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daughteroftruth
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Its hard to say.. is it just the foreskin that is swollen, its not the penis itself is it?  was the diaper to tight?

Quoting nataliesmom2012:

Something about the swelling just didn't seem right to me.

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Quoting nataliesmom2012:

Nope, no diaper rash

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)