Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Child neglect??? HELP!!! (new title) EDIT

Okay, so I really need some help here. I agreed to babysit for a friend and when she brought her son over, his clothes, diaper, and shoes were al too small for him. He has a horrible rash on his cheeks and he smelled like he hasn't had a bath in weeks. I decided to give him a bath and put him in an old outfit I had around the house. While I was giving him a bath, I took notice that his foreskin was red and swollen. He's 5 months old. I have never bathed an uncircumcised baby before and I was wondering if that's normal at all. I'm shaking I'm so angry about everything else and I don't know what to do. Advice please?

ETA: How do I bring all of this up to her without sounding like a complete bitch? My heart aches for this little guy and these problems need to be taken care of but I don't want to completely ruin my friendship with his mother.

Edit again: I talked to my SO's mother who has dealt with 3 boys who were uncircumcised and I showed it to her to see what she would say. She said it's not normal at all and it needs to be looked at by a doctor immediately. As for the rash on his cheeks, she thinks it's ringworm. Thanks for every one's advice. I think I might be making a call to CPS...

UPDATE!!!! She just texted me and told me she's drunk. Calling CPS.

UPDATE AGAIN!!!! CPS is getting involved. I don't know any details yet though. I'm sure I'll hear about it at work. I'll continue to update as I hear more. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Last update (for now)!!!! CPS and the command are involved. That poor little boy will be well taken care of. Thanks again everyone who helped!

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Replies (31-40):
Eco_Momma
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this

a red tip isn't that much of a concern. He was probably in th diaper for to long. DO NOT retract him at all. Wash it with a bit of warm water and let him be naked for a little while.

EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:35 PM

This is really sad :/ I'm glad you're doing what you can for him. Maybe just gently tell her you don't mean to be nosy but you noticed that he doesn't seem too clean and his things are too small, ask her if she needs help, maybe? Like a previous poster said, if she's unwilling/unable to change you'll need to call CPS for his sake.

cammy002
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:36 PM

dont think this is something a baby would have

Quoting TaughtTot:

he could have ballinitis, sp? look it up 

One of the symptoms is a strong scent.  He will need to see a doctor but it is not uncommon for uncirc boys.

CafeMom Tickersand still no baby

xixCandyxix
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:40 PM
This is very sad and when u put that she has money... it made me even more upset. Wtf is wrong with some mom's?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nataliesmom2012
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Her MIL

Quoting Anonymous:

Obviously something is wrong is her child is being neglected. Who watches the child while she works?

Quoting nataliesmom2012:

She acts perfectly normal at work all the time and she's very happy-go-lucky so I doubt it's PPD

Quoting Anonymous:

You either need to talk with her, can you offer her some help like watching the baby? Maybe she has PPD. Or call cps.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:43 PM
If y'all are friends, just ask her what's up. Be straightforward with her and just tell her you are concerned because you saw the swollen area.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:45 PM

it could be red and swollen for a few reasons but the one i would deff make sure shes not doing is forcing back the forskin as this can cause alot of perm damage not only now but later in his life tell her if she is to not do that anymore and to take him to the doc to find out what can be done to minimize the damage shes already done. but she may be happy and everything at work but still have ppd as she can be diff when around the baby and when shes around friends and coworkers.but i would just sit down and talk to her and find out whats going on if shes any kind of friend she will understand your concern and be ok with it.

.mandabear.
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this

If he's 5 months old I doubt he has blisters from his shoes fitting improperly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:46 PM

also you may not think shes having trouble with money but she still may be even if you dont think so .

.mandabear.
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

If he has a horrible rash on his face it's probably not her fault either. Baby acne is not something you can control.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)