Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Child neglect??? HELP!!! (new title) EDIT

Okay, so I really need some help here. I agreed to babysit for a friend and when she brought her son over, his clothes, diaper, and shoes were al too small for him. He has a horrible rash on his cheeks and he smelled like he hasn't had a bath in weeks. I decided to give him a bath and put him in an old outfit I had around the house. While I was giving him a bath, I took notice that his foreskin was red and swollen. He's 5 months old. I have never bathed an uncircumcised baby before and I was wondering if that's normal at all. I'm shaking I'm so angry about everything else and I don't know what to do. Advice please?

ETA: How do I bring all of this up to her without sounding like a complete bitch? My heart aches for this little guy and these problems need to be taken care of but I don't want to completely ruin my friendship with his mother.

Edit again: I talked to my SO's mother who has dealt with 3 boys who were uncircumcised and I showed it to her to see what she would say. She said it's not normal at all and it needs to be looked at by a doctor immediately. As for the rash on his cheeks, she thinks it's ringworm. Thanks for every one's advice. I think I might be making a call to CPS...

UPDATE!!!! She just texted me and told me she's drunk. Calling CPS.

UPDATE AGAIN!!!! CPS is getting involved. I don't know any details yet though. I'm sure I'll hear about it at work. I'll continue to update as I hear more. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Last update (for now)!!!! CPS and the command are involved. That poor little boy will be well taken care of. Thanks again everyone who helped!

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Replies (41-50):
.mandabear.
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Have you thought about calling the child's mother before you jump to 800 conclusions?

IntactivistMama
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Fail.

Cut boys also get infections/balanitis.

My son is whole and 0 problems. No risk of death from unnecessary surgery, either! :)

Quoting Anonymous:

this is why i am into circumcision.  

nataliesmom2012
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:54 PM

What conclusions did I jump to?

Quoting .mandabear.:

Have you thought about calling the child's mother before you jump to 800 conclusions?

nataliesmom2012
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:56 PM

His feet were purple and swollen when I took his shoes off and he had blisters on his ankles. They're not crib shoes. She had him in walking shoes.

Quoting .mandabear.:

If he's 5 months old I doubt he has blisters from his shoes fitting improperly.

nataliesmom2012
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:58 PM

It's much worse than baby acne. My DD had baby acne and it looked nothing like this.

Quoting .mandabear.:

If he has a horrible rash on his face it's probably not her fault either. Baby acne is not something you can control.

rockabillybetty
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:04 PM
Have u tried to pull the skin back gently to clean it when you change him ? If theres no oder its probably just irritated from the poopy diaper. If there IS an oder he has an infection and theres a cream that a doctor can prescribe that wont burn him when applied and will help it clear up in a matter of days. His pp needs to be cleaned well after every change the mom needs to be doing this or he can get a uti along with his swollen skin because not all the urine comes out when he pees. Be honest with your friend you care for this baby if it was me id call and ask wat it is she is doing to help with the swelling if anything at all. Only because swollen skin like that can be very painful for him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Smashwee91
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Why are you trying to bash someone who is just asking for advice? I live with her and i saw it too. Its not good.

Quoting .mandabear.:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Why, so you can let your baby be filthy? Um... Ew.

Quoting Anonymous:

this is why i am into circumcision.  

nataliesmom2012
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I didn't pull it back because I've heard you're not supposed to. I gently washed it with warm water and let him dry out a little bit though

Quoting rockabillybetty:

Have u tried to pull the skin back gently to clean it when you change him ? If theres no oder its probably just irritated from the poopy diaper. If there IS an oder he has an infection and theres a cream that a doctor can prescribe that wont burn him when applied and will help it clear up in a matter of days. His pp needs to be cleaned well after every change the mom needs to be doing this or he can get a uti along with his swollen skin because not all the urine comes out when he pees. Be honest with your friend you care for this baby if it was me id call and ask wat it is she is doing to help with the swelling if anything at all. Only because swollen skin like that can be very painful for him

nataliesmom2012
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:16 PM

I wonder the same thing myself...

Quoting xixCandyxix:

This is very sad and when u put that she has money... it made me even more upset. Wtf is wrong with some mom's?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)