Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dental fillings during pregnancy

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:10 PM
  • 5 Replies
I had a filling at the start of the year, I'm now 22 weeks pregnant and the filling just fell out, it actually hurts a little. Is it safe to have it re filled while pregnant? May sound like a dumb question but I have no idea
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
robsgurl_23
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:11 PM

I dont think they can use novacain on you..but it is something you should call your dentist and ask them..maybe they can find something they can use so you can get the filling redone.

lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Thank you :) I hope they can do something

Quoting robsgurl_23:

I dont think they can use novacain on you..but it is something you should call your dentist and ask them..maybe they can find something they can use so you can get the filling redone.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I actually didn't get my first cavity until I got pregnant at 22.  I got it filled and they had to use another kind of numbing medicene other than novacain (can't remember what it was called)

lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:30 PM
Yeah I never had an issue my teeth until pregnancy either

Quoting TurtleMomma82:

I actually didn't get my first cavity until I got pregnant at 22.  I got it filled and they had to use another kind of numbing medicene other than novacain (can't remember what it was called)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dark_xiii_angel
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:34 PM
My dentist did. I had to have an approval letter from my Ob. I had 2 teeth pulled my last pregnancy and will probably have one pulled this time too.

Quoting robsgurl_23:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN