Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just got 2500

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
And I'm not telling anyone about it. Not even dh. I had an escrow surplus. Just opened up the mail and bam...2500.

What would you do if you got 2500 unexpectedly?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Replies (211-218):
hddcooper
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:20 PM
Merry Christmas !!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Susan0805
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:23 PM
I would use it to help during the holidays, what was left over ill save. Both the inlaws are coming, (one for christmas andone for thanksgiving) so thats going to be extra for meals and such and i still havent finished shopping :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:36 PM
Now why would such a small amount make me feel important, lol. I'll feel really important if my attorney is correct on the quote he gave me. Someone should ask that question. "What would you do with XXX,XXX,XXX.XXX amount of money". Now that would be fun, eh? Maybe if this was a PA post people like you wouldn't be bitching as much *shrugs*.

Quoting fallenangel_353:

No, it didn't I assure you. What I got from that is someone bragging about receiving money, and then trying to act like it didn't mean anything. Does it make you feel important or something?

Quoting Elyce225:

She asked what someone would do with unexpected money, no? We just got unexpected money, like I said, we put it into one of our accounts. Whew that went over your head, lol.

Quoting fallenangel_353:

What does that have anything in this world to do with having an escrow surplus? Um, nothing...

Quoting Elyce225:

My FIL just sent us a 2,000 dollar check just because. We don't think anything of it, it's really not a lot of money. We just threw it into an account.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Lol EXACTLY!

Quoting wintermermaid:

If it's from escrow, I would be saving it because escrow always has a funny way of having a surplus one year and being short the next year. 

mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Get everything for this baby and christmas. The rest would go to bills and rent so we can be ahead by the time we have this baby. My husband plans on taking a few weeks off when I have her. 

Sunshine257
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:42 PM
I would go shop get my family new clothes. Put the rest to nice lighting for the house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:42 PM
Pay some bills and the stash it
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Funny people are pissy that isn't that much money, we make more then that a week.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)