Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just got 2500

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
And I'm not telling anyone about it. Not even dh. I had an escrow surplus. Just opened up the mail and bam...2500.

What would you do if you got 2500 unexpectedly?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Replies (51-60):
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Does he pay any towards the mortgage? Because if my dh did this id be annoyed. The house is in his name but we both contribute.

This is just wrong. Who lies to their husband? What a bad wife

Quoting Anonymous:

House is in my name only.

Quoting justpeachy71904:

Wait a minute. Does dh own that home as well? That's edged up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:56 PM
Probably spend it on Christmas gifts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessed107
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Oh that explains it! Lmao! 

Quoting Anonymous:

She's constantly throwing out these stupid comments. "oh my 4th house is being built." "oh my ring ONLY cost a bazillion dollars." "my family throws money us, but it's nothing special. Just a few thousand here and there."

Stfu.

Quoting blessed107:

What? Wtf? Lmao!

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugh! Could you stop pretending to be a rich bitch yet?!

Quoting Elyce225:

My FIL just sent us a 2,000 dollar check just because. We don't think anything of it, it's really not a lot of money. We just threw it into an account.

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:57 PM
A deeper hole because we don't thin it's a lot of money? We're pretty sure he is trying to give away most of his money before he dies because of the new death tax. It's not like that money is going help us with anything, we don't "need" it.

Quoting piratehooker:

You're digging a deeper hole.

Quoting Elyce225:

We didn't ask for it. He is a multimillionaire and gives all of his kids (7) money all of the time. On the check he wrote "for whatever", lol. We definitely do not need it but it's appreciated. We just put it right into a savings account, it's not a lot of money at all.

Quoting Tesserae:

If you didn't need it why would he send it?

Anyways, OP, I'd go to Disneyland for a couple days and stay in the Grand Californian or whatever the hotel is called.

Quoting Elyce225:

My FIL just sent us a 2,000 dollar check just because. We don't think anything of it, it's really not a lot of money. We just threw it into an account.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fallenangel_353
by Nikki on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Meh leave it alone. I think she tries to make people jealous. She doesn't lol, just makes her look like a moron. Fortunately for her money doesn't care if you're a complete jack ass or not :)

Quoting Anonymous:

She's constantly throwing out these stupid comments. "oh my 4th house is being built." "oh my ring ONLY cost a bazillion dollars." "my family throws money us, but it's nothing special. Just a few thousand here and there."

Stfu.

Quoting blessed107:

What? Wtf? Lmao!

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugh! Could you stop pretending to be a rich bitch yet?!

Quoting Elyce225:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fazed
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:58 PM

I'd put it in savings towards a house. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Seriously....we get it. You can stop showing off now.
Quoting Elyce225:

A deeper hole because we don't thin it's a lot of money? We're pretty sure he is trying to give away most of his money before he dies because of the new death tax. It's not like that money is going help us with anything, we don't "need" it.

Quoting piratehooker:

You're digging a deeper hole.

Quoting Elyce225:

We didn't ask for it. He is a multimillionaire and gives all of his kids (7) money all of the time. On the check he wrote "for whatever", lol. We definitely do not need it but it's appreciated. We just put it right into a savings account, it's not a lot of money at all.

Quoting Tesserae:

If you didn't need it why would he send it?

Anyways, OP, I'd go to Disneyland for a couple days and stay in the Grand Californian or whatever the hotel is called.

Quoting Elyce225:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Cry we're really hurting for money. Food stamp office made a mistake so we didn't get our food stamps and had to reapply. Hope fully we get them Wednesday when I have my interview.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Wait what? I'm not lying. I'm putting the money towards bills. And I'm the only one paying the mortgage on this house. We have another home that has only his name on it and I know what he'd do with a surplus...put it in savings. Its not like I'm going to jamaica with my lover.

Quoting justpeachy71904:

Does he pay any towards the mortgage? Because if my dh did this id be annoyed. The house is in his name but we both contribute.

This is just wrong. Who lies to their husband? What a bad wife

Quoting Anonymous:

House is in my name only.

Quoting justpeachy71904:

Wait a minute. Does dh own that home as well? That's edged up
pheMOMenon
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this
So DH's family is rich and you popped out 5 kids...well played. You will be able to live off the cs he will have to pay. We didn't even notice a difference...most rich bitches are oblivious...she probably doesn't even notice the fact that her DH is screwing the nanny as well.

Quoting Elyce225:

We appreciate it a lot. It was very kind of him. We don't need it though, it wasn't asked for and it's not that much money. When we put it in our account we didn't even notice a difference, lol.

Quoting AF2011:

You sound very ungrateful. I'm pretty sure you don't have a few grand just laying around.

Quoting Elyce225:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)