Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my husband doesnt want to pay back money we owe...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

when we were having breastfeeding problems, i went to see a lactation consultant...

that cost 75 dollars. we did a weigh/feed/weigh and baby only got .5 ounce. she told me i had a supply issue, i thought it was tongue tie and asked her to check she said absolutely not. she "gave " us an sns, took it out of the package, put it around my neck and filled it with formula so baby could eat. she then informed me it was 66 dollars.

but she said that we could come back to pay it. 

so as it turned out, baby couldnt even eat out of it because he was tongue tied, the stupid thing was broken anyways and it leaked everywhere and did not work. i ended up using an sns that a different LC actually gave to me free and that worked....

so we barely have any money now, but i want to pay them back because i am an honest person and said i would. dh on the other hand does not want to pay them back and said they were dishonest to us and didnt tell us upfront we would have to pay for it until after we already used it, and the lactation consultant didnt even help us, it was a huge waste of money.

i dont want to be dishonest. but dh doesnt want us to pay them for a broken expensive piece of plastic. idk what to do?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilbit04
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:19 PM
2 moms liked this
Why pay for something that doesn't work?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstkn.identity
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Hmmm...i can see both sides.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:21 PM

because we already said we would... idk i feel guilty if we dont. :(

Quoting lilbit04:

lilbit04
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:22 PM
I tend to be an honest person myself, but I'm going to have to agree with your DH on this one, but that's just me.

Quoting Anonymous:

because we already said we would... idk i feel guilty if we dont. :(

Quoting lilbit04:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:22 PM
I don't pay for useless services she clearly didn't help you I would mail back their pos contraption with a letter explaining the situation and that instead I would be paying to have a serious issue fixed. Tounge tie causes speech problems as well its not something to mess around with.
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Have you talked to the LC you owe the money to? Have you told her what you just told us about her being wrong and about her sns not working?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
New.OrleansLady
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:23 PM
I would have to pay it back. My conscience would weigh too much on me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:23 PM

we ended up having to pay 450 to fix the tongue tie, thats why we are so broke right now :(

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't pay for useless services she clearly didn't help you I would mail back their pos contraption with a letter explaining the situation and that instead I would be paying to have a serious issue fixed. Tounge tie causes speech problems as well its not something to mess around with.

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Dang...I see both sides..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:24 PM

yes. they said they could extend it an extra month to pay them back, which is this month. this was a couple months ago...

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Have you talked to the LC you owe the money to? Have you told her what you just told us about her being wrong and about her sns not working?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN