Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Rocky mountain oysters...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
A very good friend of mine admitted to me that she ordered rocky mountain oysters because she honestly thought that she was ordering oysters. Needless to say I about choked on my coffee due to busting up laughing at her.

What is the craziest food you have ever eaten?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:27 PM
Replies (11-20):
friendlymom5
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Buffalo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofamamasboy
by Andy on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Moose, alligator, ostrich. Those I can eat. SO days ketchup bologna rolls
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vegepunkstr
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Ive had rocky mountain oysters before. I did not care for them. Ive also eaten rattle snake and escargo. All before I became vegetarian of course.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my4kids274
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:45 PM

BUMP!

lacilyn
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:48 PM
Oooh. I love wild game. Pheasant and quail are some of my fave! And alligator is Yummy.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's normal to us. Deer, wild hogs, oryx, gators, frog legs, crawfish, different birds. I just always see stuff like that listed in posts of weird things people would never eat. My freezers has more wild game in it than store bought meat.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Normal to me but weird to some is the stuff we hunt & eat or regional foods (gulf coast). I ate dog once. That was weird to know I ate it, but I didn't know it until afterwards.

What would that include? Just for curiosity sake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lacilyn
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:49 PM
I've never had oryx but I heard it is amazing?

Quoting lacilyn:

Oooh. I love wild game. Pheasant and quail are some of my fave! And alligator is Yummy.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's normal to us. Deer, wild hogs, oryx, gators, frog legs, crawfish, different birds. I just always see stuff like that listed in posts of weird things people would never eat. My freezers has more wild game in it than store bought meat.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Normal to me but weird to some is the stuff we hunt & eat or regional foods (gulf coast). I ate dog once. That was weird to know I ate it, but I didn't know it until afterwards.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:50 PM
It's really good

Quoting lacilyn:

Quoting lacilyn:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Lol! Nastiest thing I've tried.... Tripe... Now I'm going to try and forget that moment in time again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:53 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Lol! Nastiest thing I've tried.... Tripe... Now I'm going to try and forget that moment in time again.

Isn't that pigs stomach? If I remember my 18th century cooking class that I took last year one go the soups we made had that in there.
lacilyn
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Just curious, where can you hunt it?

Quoting Anonymous:

It's really good

Quoting lacilyn:

Quoting lacilyn:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN