Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Rocky mountain oysters...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
A very good friend of mine admitted to me that she ordered rocky mountain oysters because she honestly thought that she was ordering oysters. Needless to say I about choked on my coffee due to busting up laughing at her.

What is the craziest food you have ever eaten?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:27 PM
Replies (21-30):
GunaBmommaof3
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:55 PM
I tried rocky mountain oysters once. never again! I do love alligator though. Which isn't an everyday type of food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
averiensmommy07
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Moose meat is the best thing in the world. Lol

I'm from Alaska and grew up eating it though.

Quoting brittani:

Alligator, and moose. I didn't like moose at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:57 PM
It's cow stomach. I did have it in soup. Did you like it?

Quoting Anonymous:

Isn't that pigs stomach? If I remember my 18th century cooking class that I took last year one go the soups we made had that in there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:57 PM
There are some exotic ranches in the states with oryx.

Quoting lacilyn:

Just curious, where can you hunt it?

Quoting Anonymous:

It's really good

Quoting lacilyn:

I've never had oryx but I heard it is amazing?

Quoting lacilyn:

Oooh. I love wild game. Pheasant and quail are some of my fave! And alligator is Yummy.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's normal to us. Deer, wild hogs, oryx, gators, frog legs, crawfish, different birds. I just always see stuff like that listed in posts of weird things people would never eat. My freezers has more wild game in it than store bought meat.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Normal to me but weird to some is the stuff we hunt & eat or regional foods (gulf coast). I ate dog once. That was weird to know I ate it, but I didn't know it until afterwards.

What would that include? Just for curiosity sake.
brittani
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:57 PM
I tried it. It wasn't for me. I would love to live in Alaska though. I love the cold.

Quoting averiensmommy07:

Moose meat is the best thing in the world. Lol

I'm from Alaska and grew up eating it though.

Quoting brittani:

Alligator, and moose. I didn't like moose at all.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:58 PM
Frog legs are actually pretty good! DH made me try them once and they definitely were much better than I expected. DH loves them!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Some things on your list I could eat. Like the wild hog but I have to admit I could not eat frog legs though. I do love crawfish!

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Lol, did she like them?
kayjayjess
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:59 PM

what is oryx?

Quoting Anonymous:

It's normal to us. Deer, wild hogs, oryx, gators, frog legs, crawfish, different birds. I just always see stuff like that listed in posts of weird things people would never eat. My freezers has more wild game in it than store bought meat.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Normal to me but weird to some is the stuff we hunt & eat or regional foods (gulf coast). I ate dog once. That was weird to know I ate it, but I didn't know it until afterwards.

My children are the source of my strength, frustration, happiness, insanity, sanity, irritability.  They are the definition of unconditional love.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

The soup was not half bad. I really enjoyed the class. We literally cooked a whole meal on an open hearth fireplace. I learned a lot though. Took us numerous hours just to cook our meal. I was in charge of cooking the chicken. lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:01 PM
It's an African antelope.

Quoting kayjayjess:

what is oryx?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)