Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Rocky mountain oysters...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
A very good friend of mine admitted to me that she ordered rocky mountain oysters because she honestly thought that she was ordering oysters. Needless to say I about choked on my coffee due to busting up laughing at her.

What is the craziest food you have ever eaten?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:27 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

I am pretty willing to try something once. I mean growing up my grandmother gave me Scrapple and told me it was sausage. I found out a few years later just exactly what scrapple was. My mother had a fit when she found out my grandmother had fed me it for breakfast. lol
vegamatic
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:04 PM

muk tuk, moose, caribou, gator, rattle snake, frog legs, hissing roach....now the roach was NASTY!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Lunarprancer:

Lol, did she like them?

Actually no she did not. lol
kayjayjess
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:05 PM

lol ok thanks!

Quoting Anonymous:

It's an African antelope.

Quoting kayjayjess:

what is oryx?

Quoting Anonymous:

It's normal to us. Deer, wild hogs, oryx, gators, frog legs, crawfish, different birds. I just always see stuff like that listed in posts of weird things people would never eat. My freezers has more wild game in it than store bought meat.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Normal to me but weird to some is the stuff we hunt & eat or regional foods (gulf coast). I ate dog once. That was weird to know I ate it, but I didn't know it until afterwards.

What would that include? Just for curiosity sake.

My children are the source of my strength, frustration, happiness, insanity, sanity, irritability.  They are the definition of unconditional love.

risa_alvarez
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Balut, alligator, emu, javelina. I grew up eating a lot of wild game. Now I eat a lot of cheap cuts of meat like tripa and lengua (tongue). One thing I want to try but just haven't yet is nopalitos (cactus).

l.e.v
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:07 PM
my father is Laotion so ive eaten balut
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma-flynn
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM
What is that? My mil ordered me barbacoa once & I didn't know what it was until several years later. We eat tacos de lengua.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I am pretty willing to try something once. I mean growing up my grandmother gave me Scrapple and told me it was sausage. I found out a few years later just exactly what scrapple was. My mother had a fit when she found out my grandmother had fed me it for breakfast. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Quoting l.e.v:

What is balut?
momma-flynn
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Nopalitos are good. My mil always has them at her house.

Quoting risa_alvarez:

Balut, alligator, emu, javelina. I grew up eating a lot of wild game. Now I eat a lot of cheap cuts of meat like tripa and lengua (tongue). One thing I want to try but just haven't yet is nopalitos (cactus).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
l.e.v
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:11 PM
theres a picture of it on the first page... but its a fertalized duck egg, most people think its gross but my family loves em! its a really big treat for them

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting l.e.v:

What is balut?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)