Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is there any reason you would marry someone you did not love?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Excluding people who have to marry out of a traditional arranged marriage.  

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Young and dumb.. Thought I was in love
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:25 PM
It's very tempting to marry since that is the only sure way to get a relocation of my child granted. But...I want love so I wouldn't do it.
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:28 PM

money. Like a shit ton of money

OkieMommyOf6
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:28 PM
the only reason why I would marry someone I didn't love would be for money and that would be when I have no more heart or care for other peoples feelings. Which I find that hard to believe to happen to me before I die.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Yes.  I share a child with said person, so we married.  We are still together and trying to figure it out. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:33 PM

No way.

I had the chance to marry for money. A nice guy, too.  If my life were terrible and I had THAT low of a view of my self-worth, then I might have.  But I didn't.  I couldn't.  I wouldn't.

I was engaged once before my DH.  It was to my DS's BF.  We said it wasn't because of having a child together, and honestly I DID love him, but I was young and stupid and naive and really wanted to be a happy little family (something I didn't have growing up).

I actually made out pretty good =)  I married an OCD nerd with some cute quirks that loves me unconditionally whom I can't imagine my life without.  And although we worked our way paycheck to paycheck while we chugged through college with kids & work... Here we are making big bucks!   No WHAMMYs !!!

The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:34 PM

I don't think I could marry someone for anything else besides love.

Mommy2KandX
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:46 PM

i know a lot of people of a certain age that have lost loved ones, they marry out of companionship. To not die alone. Insurance reasons, etc.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:56 PM

No reason for me

For others because of money or because they have a child with that person

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:01 PM
I have married to help a dear friend get his residency. We divorced 3 years later after he was granted his 10 year "green card". He went in to get his citizenship, marry a wonderful woman and have a beautiful family. I couldn't be happier with my choice to help him out that way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN