Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is there any reason you would marry someone you did not love?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Excluding people who have to marry out of a traditional arranged marriage.  

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Replies (21-30):
T06T08T10
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:02 PM

money?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Money... Security... Status...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:02 PM

I don't know. I cannot fathom getting married to someone I didn't love with all my heart. My cousin married a girl who did not love him. He was in love with her, but she admitted to him before they got married that she didn't love him. He married her anyway hoping that she'd eventually grow to love him. Why he married her knowing that she didn't love him back I'll never understand. I don't know why she married him either. He made ok money, but was by no means rich or even extreamly well off. Two years into it, (I'm surprised it lasted even that long) she started cheating on him, going out and sleeping with other guys, then got herself a boyfriend. They have been divorced for a long time now, and thank goodness they didn't have any kids to bring into that mess. I still don't understand why she married him in the first place. He was crushed when she left, and I feel bad for him, but really, he knew before he married her, so he really brought it all on himself. 

MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Being practical.

brittani
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:05 PM
Money. Hell ill love him a lot if I can go on a shopping spree every now and then
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:25 PM

A fuck ton of money. I would marry someone I did not love if they were a millionaire.

Mrs.Bryant1201
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I think bacon should be #1. Just sayin.... :D

Quoting Sassy762:

NOW.....the only way I would ever get married again is with very strict conditions......and I won't list them here, LMAOOOOO

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:28 PM
I married for love. Now I wish I married for money instead.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this

A bacon producer would be pushed to the top of the list, lol

Quoting Mrs.Bryant1201:

I think bacon should be #1. Just sayin.... :D

Quoting Sassy762:

NOW.....the only way I would ever get married again is with very strict conditions......and I won't list them here, LMAOOOOO

Animated banner with a ghost says Have a Spooky Halloween                                          

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:31 PM

with no heirs/children so you can get it all if something were to happen, lol

Quoting Anonymous:

A fuck ton of money. I would marry someone I did not love if they were a millionaire.

Animated banner with a ghost says Have a Spooky Halloween                                          

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN