Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I need help *edit with pic*

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:05 PM
  • 9 Replies

I usually break out just before my period and my face clears up within a day or two after it ends.  However, this time it has decided not to clear up.  Basically, I skipped 2 periods then it started back with a vengence and lasted 2 weeks.  Now that it is back on track, my face is breaking out worse than ever.  It is actually quite painful.  I have used the Loreal go 360 clean face wash, acne treatments, you name it.  I cannot use too much because my skin is highly sensitive.  Any homeopathic treatments?  I will appreciate any ideas on how to get rid of this crap.

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Aquamom25
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kittiecat88
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:47 PM
No tips :/ bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma-flynn
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Baking soda
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:50 PM

you'll likely need to talk to your ob/gyn about something to help regulate your hormones since this is the source of your outbreaks.. correct the underlying condition and you treat the acne..

Your OB/GYN can offer different BC medications, to help regulate your hormones to prevent break outs that are hormone related.

LuvMyBoy08
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Melaleuca essential oil is great for break outs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:51 PM

I have a really cheap solution! Go to Walmart and buy the equate brand face wash. It's blue and is the generic Clean and Clear. It looks like this:

Wet your face with a rag so that there is plenty of water...almost to the point that it's dripping. Make sure all of your hair is pulled back. Put a half dollar sized amount in your hands and spread it on your face to the point where everything is covered. Put extra over your breakout. Then leave it on like a mask for at least ten minutes. You can leave it on longer, but take it off if it burns. Just use a wet rag to rinse it off your face. I swear by this and have seen breakouts go away rather quickly. Do this up to twice a day until your breakout is gone.

jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:52 PM

be mindful no topical treatment is going to work.. it might help reduce what's already at the surface(heal it faster, push it to the surface faster), but unless you treat it before it reaches the surface of your skin, you'll never truly deal with the acne.

Aquamom25
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I have that already.. broke out from it.  That's my issue.  I break out with all kinds of different cleansers, etc. By breaking out I mean I go from having pimples to  a nasty rash on my face.  It sucks.  It's annoying to say the least.  Thanks though. 

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

I have a really cheap solution! Go to Walmart and buy the equate brand face wash. It's blue and is the generic Clean and Clear. It looks like this:

Wet your face with a rag so that there is plenty of water...almost to the point that it's dripping. Make sure all of your hair is pulled back. Put a half dollar sized amount in your hands and spread it on your face to the point where everything is covered. Put extra over your breakout. Then leave it on like a mask for at least ten minutes. You can leave it on longer, but take it off if it burns. Just use a wet rag to rinse it off your face. I swear by this and have seen breakouts go away rather quickly. Do this up to twice a day until your breakout is gone.

buttercup627
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Go to a dermatologist!! I had terrible acne even into adulthood and nothing helped until i got a dr's help and i wish i had gone sooner.

My favorite regime now that ot's under control is clinique, it's pricey but worth it. Feel better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)