Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just had the neighborhood skank knock on my door and asked for my husband!

Posted by   + Show Post

She is 17 I think, about 40 lbs overweight and squeezes into hot pants and belly shirts...at 10:pm we get a knock on the door...I open it and she asks, "Is your husband home?" I said,"Yes, why" She said,"I want to see if I give him gas money will he take me to the train station downtown" I was so shocked I said,"I can drive you" she agreed and I got my keys and took her...On the way she tells me she missed the bus to the station and she really needed to see her boyfriend, he just got out of jail yesterday on a sexual assault charge! She had a baby in Jan '10. I aksed her how the baby was and she said he was good. I said, "Oh I thought you had a daughter?" She said,"I do, I have a son now too, he was born in April" I didnt know what to say at that point and was thankful we had reached the train station. I told her to be careful, she offered me gas money and I declined. I got home and dh was like, WTF was that all about? I wasnt quite sure, lol and dont know why I took her. Dh cant drive, he has a back injury and is disabled, and I have to assist him full time for those who are going to jump to him cheating. We are both baffled..we kinda know her family because her little brother was in the same PPCD class my ss was in, and her dad used to work at the grocery store we shopped at...but neither of us know her well enough for her to expect a ride from us..I would say this chick has balls but her shorts are too short to hide anything like that 

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Replies (141-150):
p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Yes, we are allowed to have opinions. Not once did I say she could not have an opinion. I just stated her was nasty, and her judgement was uncalled for. 

Regardless of what 'good' deed she did, if the good was not in the heart, then the deed was only a favor. Neither good nor bad. 

If the situation does not matter,then why apply the labels and make assumptions based on what is told?

Quoting CoolRelax:

You just wrote that neither the OP, yourself or me have ANY clue as to what this girl's real situation is.  You are too hung up on the name-calling.  We're allowed to have opinions.

MY POINT is that it does not matter what her situation is.  It is up to the OP to decide whether or not she wants to take on whatever problems this girl has by providing her with a ride/offering to be a mentor/giving advice, etc.  That's a choice that all of us have to make at some point.  Has nothing to do with who is "good" or who is "bad" or what "humans are capable of".

Personally, I would have told the girl that I was uncomfortable with it, and to talk to her mom.  Would it matter if I made that decision because I felt that she would put herself in danger vs. I just didn't want to deal with a girl who has an unsavory reputation asking for random favors at a late hour?  No.  There are times that the "why" trumps the "what".  This isn't one of them.  

So, if you feel that the only way to "show what humans are capable of" is to pull out your magnifying glass looking for the sliver of good in everyone with a bad track record, be my guest.  The rest of us will balance our goodwill with some common sense and a protective stance for our own homes and families.    

Quoting p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl:

please what? You didn't make a point at all.  

Now it's cool you don't agree, and do not understand what humans are actually capable of,on the good side of things. 

but my statement still stands, she had no reason to judge the girl, she has no idea what is going on, and nor do you. Nor do I. 

Quoting CoolRelax:

Girl please - I didn't see your other comments when I wrote that and didn't realize how much you like to argue.  I speak and write English fluently, and made my point quite clear.       

Quoting p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl:

your point being what?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:12 PM

some people just don't have any class

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Weird

ajrjj05
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:16 PM

what I want to know is why you would be giving a child ((at just 17)) a ride to a train station, where were her parents and children at 10pm?

CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Even the hardest of hearts produces a good deed or two.  If you were homeless and begging for food money who would be more helpful to you:  the cranky guy who grumbled under his breath about "freeloaders"...all while handing you $5?  Or the soft-hearted woman who really sympathized with you but didn't even roll her window down? Her good deed might have been in her heart, but his good deed is food in your belly - no matter what he thought about you.  Don't let the crusty exterior blind you to the good in people.   

Quoting p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl:

Yes, we are allowed to have opinions. Not once did I say she could not have an opinion. I just stated her was nasty, and her judgement was uncalled for. 

Regardless of what 'good' deed she did, if the good was not in the heart, then the deed was only a favor. Neither good nor bad. 

If the situation does not matter,then why apply the labels and make assumptions based on what is told?

Quoting CoolRelax:

You just wrote that neither the OP, yourself or me have ANY clue as to what this girl's real situation is.  You are too hung up on the name-calling.  We're allowed to have opinions.

MY POINT is that it does not matter what her situation is.  It is up to the OP to decide whether or not she wants to take on whatever problems this girl has by providing her with a ride/offering to be a mentor/giving advice, etc.  That's a choice that all of us have to make at some point.  Has nothing to do with who is "good" or who is "bad" or what "humans are capable of".

Personally, I would have told the girl that I was uncomfortable with it, and to talk to her mom.  Would it matter if I made that decision because I felt that she would put herself in danger vs. I just didn't want to deal with a girl who has an unsavory reputation asking for random favors at a late hour?  No.  There are times that the "why" trumps the "what".  This isn't one of them.  

So, if you feel that the only way to "show what humans are capable of" is to pull out your magnifying glass looking for the sliver of good in everyone with a bad track record, be my guest.  The rest of us will balance our goodwill with some common sense and a protective stance for our own homes and families.    

Quoting p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl:

Now it's cool you don't agree, and do not understand what humans are actually capable of,on the good side of things. 

but my statement still stands, she had no reason to judge the girl, she has no idea what is going on, and nor do you. Nor do I. 

Quoting CoolRelax:

Girl please - I didn't see your other comments when I wrote that and didn't realize how much you like to argue.  I speak and write English fluently, and made my point quite clear.       

Quoting p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl:

your point being what?

p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Crusty exteriors do not blind me, if they must judge, label and assume based on other influences, then they are not good. 

Period. 

Quoting CoolRelax:

Even the hardest of hearts produces a good deed or two.  If you were homeless and begging for food money who would be more helpful to you:  the cranky guy who grumbled under his breath about "freeloaders"...all while handing you $5?  Or the soft-hearted woman who really sympathized with you but didn't even roll her window down? Her good deed might have been in her heart, but his good deed is food in your belly - no matter what he thought about you.  Don't let the crusty exterior blind you to the good in people.   

Quoting p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl:

Quoting CoolRelax:

Quoting p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl:

Quoting CoolRelax:

Quoting p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl:

your point being what?

CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:40 PM

So you refuse to see the good in people who don't see the good in people?

Good grief! 

Quoting p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl:

Crusty exteriors do not blind me, if they must judge, label and assume based on other influences, then they are not good. 

Period. 

Quoting CoolRelax:

Quoting p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl:

Quoting CoolRelax:

Quoting p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl:

Quoting CoolRelax:

Quoting p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl:

your point being what?

p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Nope. but if that is what you need to assume to get through the day, then do it. 

There is no need for me to explain how I see people. 

Quoting CoolRelax:

Good grief! 

Quoting p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl:

Period. 

Quoting CoolRelax:

Quoting p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl:

Quoting CoolRelax:

Quoting p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl:

Quoting CoolRelax:

Quoting p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl:

your point being what?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 16, 2012 at 2:07 AM
I tried telling you the Bitch is crazy, reminds me of a wild fucking horse that needs breaking in. Leave the psyco alone she needs validation from us females which is apparently lacking in her house.

Quoting CoolRelax:

Good grief! 

Quoting p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl:

Period. 

Quoting CoolRelax:

Quoting p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl:

Quoting CoolRelax:

Quoting p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl:

Quoting CoolRelax:

Quoting p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl:

your point being what?

rissamom224
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM
You should try to get involved in her life, be a good influence.
She sounds like she needs it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured