Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bully

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

I'm not sure if everyone here read the sad news that Amanda Todd, a bullied teen in Canada took her own life, but I was reading and watching the horribly sad video she posted a month ago and the only thing I could think of was "how do I protect my child in this world now?" With cellphones,  Facebook, YouTube, Twitter etc, it's not like when I was in school where I went home and disengaged unless I actually picked up the home phone to call a friend or went to someones house. Kids can't escape it and more and more younger kids are killing themselves. I hate to say it but if I had to choose, I would want my kid to actually be the bully as that is something he might grow out of where the bullied often have lifelong scars. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jlynnsalazar
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:08 AM
Just saw her video less than 5 minutes ago. So sad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:11 AM
3 moms liked this

Sometimes I wish facebook, youtube, etc would go away. The internet should crash! It has caused so many problems.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Simple. Don't let your kids have access to these things
AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:14 AM
I feel so sorry for that girl. Those kids are horribly sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
504bbymami
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:15 AM
It is so sad. What's worse is how people are continuing to taunt her. Google image search her name (if you can stomach it). It's horrible
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
702girly
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Actually, you can still disengage. I don't understand why people don't when they have serious issues.

I mean, I understand why a child might not think to do that but the parent should have enough sense to do so.

No one needs a facebook, delete it. I survive just fine without twitter. Don't give out your cell phone number to anyone but family and really close friends. 

Youtube? Who the fuck cares what's on youtube, don't go on it. 

If your kid starts getting harassed, just cut all this shit off. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I personally feel bullies are made from bully parents.. I want to teach my children if any to always stick up for people being bullied.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:17 AM
It is so sad I just looked at her RIP FB page and some of the kids are horrible! What is wrong with kids/teenagers any more? If I ever found out my kid acted like that they would be locked in their room forever no phone tv or comp!
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:19 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

This, simple.

With light and love

BekahBrownEyes
by NoLies on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:19 AM
1 mom liked this
That's easy now but i shudder to think what It will be like ,even harder if you've got a toddler, that will be deep in it by the time they are teens.

As far as bullying, I will not let my son be the bully or the victim. He will learn to treat others with respect, but to also stand up for himself.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured